Please help!!search is not helping a noob!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by skuffy79, Jan 31, 2011.

1. skuffy79

skuffy79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok guys here is the deal. Let me first start off by saying thank you in advance for responses. I am trying to create an ad hoc network with my droid and laptop. So far I am able to create the network with a toshiba and tethered droid. My other laptop in the house can see the network but can't connect to it. What in the world is going on??? Please help!! I am running win7 and droid 2.2

2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    I take it you are rooted? I don't believe you can create a "network" with the droid. It does tethering, which is 1-to-1, not multi devices.

3. skuffy79

skuffy79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no i am not rooted. i have my droid tethered to computer and then created an ad hoc network. i am trying to connect another laptop to the ad hoc network i created off laptop. i am not trying to connect to droid, i am trying to connect to computer that is using droids internet

#3 skuffy79, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  4. skuffy79

skuffy79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    omg. after hours of searching!!!!!!!!!!I FOUND IT........"Not unless the hardware doesn't support it. Worst case scenario try USB tethering. It's more secure, just as fast, charges the battery, but you can't share it with other computers unless you have Windows 7 and a program called "connectify me" or something like that." CONNECTIFY ME,,,,,DID IT!!!! IT ACTUALLY WORKS........