PLEASE HELP! sbf always fails on me at the last step! im trying to UNBRICK my d2g

christianrocks

Reaction score
im overly frustrated with this process i literally have done everything, though im new to this, ive had done almost every tip and read mostly all the threads to unbrick my phone and dealing with fails. My phone bricked when recovery my phone doing this sbf and fails because of not having any drivers. now every time i turn on the phone it goes to bootloader and has a "code error". After getting a driver i ran the sbf again to unbrick my phone and then it passes my first fail but then fails again on the last step. status reads "ERROR: Flash failure: Interface BP: Error checking the RAM Downloader. (Error Code: 9f)"

heres the error log:

00:48:13, September 03, 2011
Line: 518
ERROR: AP Die ID: 15d0000d49833b0a0000d8ff0100

Line: 525
ERROR: BP Die ID: 0000000000000000cd6932890485

Line: 532
ERROR: AP Public ID: 67a2cc8509ce2684facffa93629d5e19ff203fe9

Line: 539
ERROR: BP Public ID: 040000000500000002000000ffff0000ed153289

00:54:08, September 03, 2011
Line: 1640
ERROR: Chipset type 53 is not supported.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashCharacteristics.cpp
Device ID: 0

00:55:14, September 03, 2011
Line: 569
ERROR: Interface BP: Error checking the RAM Downloader.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\RDLOp.cpp

Line: 318
ERROR: Interface BP: Error jumping to RAM Downloader
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\RDLOp.cpp

Line: 1183
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Flash failed.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashThread.cpp

Line: 587
ERROR: Flash failure: Interface BP: Error checking the RAM Downloader. (Error Code: 9f),
Detailed Error Details: Direction of the Error=No Direction, Command Value=0, Code Group Number=No Codegroup
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp

PLEASE HELP IMMEDIATELY! this is my only phone!

when i first started this process i was using my mac but i had a program that allows me to run vista at the same time. after bricking my phone and trying to restore it again over and over again, i decided to use a pc laptop with vista and its the same status.

i downloaded everything needed and did the steps as followed:

- downloaded rsdlite 4.7, DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf (sbf for d2g) , and a 32 bit driver
-ive put the ".ini" patch to the rsdlite folder thats in my C:
-i ran rsd as the admin, and also made sure it was on the right settings (first come first serve etc.)
-installed the 32 bit driver
- turn on phone and put usb (boatloder automatically turns on when pressing the power button, with the code error)
-ran the sbf and fails
-after failing, i thought it needed another driver so i then got MotoHelper
-i actually see that when i do the sbf and use this driver it detects my phone but of course fails again at the step.

i dont know hat to do at this point ive done it so many times for two days and no luck. i even didnt put rsd in desktop so i run it at the C: and i also even put the sbf in my documents too. I tried the process both with and without the memory stick and sim card. i even tried the "junk method" and replacing the sbf file name to the number of junk errors an the log, well i think that what i did since i dont get an error like what is post on here If you get "Failed Flashing process. (0x7100)" in RSD Lite - Android Forums (post 38)

i honestly dont know whats next. please help! thanks

zachdroid

Reaction score
Vista can cause issues with sbf. I go to a friends house with XP (I know it's old) you might also try downloading RSd 4.9. It might help. I think I have if you need a link. Just pm me and I'll link you up

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

zachdroid

Reaction score
Maybe try new sbf download too

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
You need rsdlite 4.9. The sbf will not work otherwise. Make sure you have the right drivers. If your system is not 32 bit you will encounter issues. If you are using a mac you may need to do the sbf via linux. The.program might run like vista but your hardware still operates like a mac.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
C

christianrocks

Reaction score
Vista can cause issues with sbf. I go to a friends house with XP (I know it's old) you might also try downloading RSd 4.9. It might help. I think I have if you need a link. Just pm me and I'll link you up

Vista might cause problems :( that sucks.. okay well ill try xp and and yes do you have the rsd 4.9 link? it well help graciously. Another sbf? where would find one the only ones ive seen are DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf and VRZ_A955_2.3.20.zip ( which i heard is for droid 2, and i hav the global)

thank for the help zachdroid!

OP
C

christianrocks

Reaction score
You need rsdlite 4.9. The sbf will not work otherwise. Make sure you have the right drivers. If your system is not 32 bit you will encounter issues. If you are using a mac you may need to do the sbf via linux. The.program might run like vista but your hardware still operates like a mac.

how can i check if its 32 bit? and oh if theres another way i could use my mac with linux, how would i do that with the correct programs? would i have to use the program i use for vista and use linux? or run linux in my mac and run the programs? i dont know how to use linux :( but ill reearch more i guess.

thanks alot bdsullivan76!

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
how can i check if its 32 bit? and oh if theres another way i could use my mac with linux, how would i do that with the correct programs? would i have to use the program i use for vista and use linux? or run linux in my mac and run the programs? i dont know how to use linux :( but ill reearch more i guess.

thanks alot bdsullivan76!

I will get you a.link for 4.9, it may be a few hours though. I have not done an sbf with linux I have Always used w7.
You want to use the droid2we sbf. The other one is for the d2. If you are not sure if you are on a 32 or 64 bit comp. Try using both. If you used the 32 and it didn't work try using the 64.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Here is the link for rsdlite 4,9. Good luck.

http://db.tt/pkLmd10

J

JriderG

This was happening to me on my Droid x one time. It has been a while since it happened, but I believe it happened because I was using the wrong sbf file. I could be wrong though. That was on win7 64bit.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

christianrocks

Reaction score
oh my F***ing fosh it worked! it was the RSD thank you bdsullivan76! im soo happy :)

befoe i start doing anything well i might do this.. but the GB leak.. i have one for the d2g. and sense this is now unrooted and stuff would it be possible to do the GB process to get it? i have the leak boot strap and z4root.. i just wanna make sure if it would work for the d2g since all i seen is the d2..

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
oh my F***ing fosh it worked! it was the RSD thank you bdsullivan76! im soo happy :)

befoe i start doing anything well i might do this.. but the GB leak.. i have one for the d2g. and sense this is now unrooted and stuff would it be possible to do the GB process to get it? i have the leak boot strap and z4root.. i just wanna make sure if it would work for the d2g since all i seen is the d2..

It all depends on which leak you are using. If your doing it the non rooted way (via update.zip 4.5.607) z4 will not work. You will have to use the method of rooting found in the d3 forum. Its real easy and will work with the update that has been officially released as well. You should find all the info on this in the d2g forum.

OP
C

christianrocks

Reaction score
It all depends on which leak you are using. If your doing it the non rooted way (via update.zip 4.5.607) z4 will not work. You will have to use the method of rooting found in the d3 forum. Its real easy and will work with the update that has been officially released as well. You should find all the info on this in the d2g forum.

okay ill research around in this forum thanks alot man youre so awesome! so method of rooting a droid 3? and what update got realesed?