1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Please Help restore Eris to Stock 2.1/1.5 from Rooted 'Official' 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by mactechnm, Jun 6, 2010.

1. mactechnm

mactechnm New Member

Someone please help! I have the HTC Eris, originally 1.5 rom, then I had the unofficial (not the leaked rom) 2.1 roms, several different types, and Amon Recovery, but then i was able to downgrade to the official 1.5 rom, and then I ran the official 2.1 OTA from VZW. THEN.... I found a rooted 2.1 that was supposed to be rooted, BUT also be created from the official 2.1 from HTC/VZW. It was indeed rooted, a(with anetshare), and I was able to use root explorer to mess with the system folders. Big mistake! All the google processes keep crashing and I cannot download anything from the Market.

Is someone has an idea how to get me back completely to stock 2.1, I would appreciate it, even pay (via paypal) for your help. Thanks!

Oh, BTW, I DO NOT have Amon Ra's recovery on the phone, I havbe some other type of recovery, not sure what, where I have to use volume up/down to scroll between choices.
  2. skourg3

skourg3 New Member

I don't know what you did with the system folder, but.. did you try doing a fix_permissions? I'm not familiar with the Eris, but on the Droid that usually fixes FC issues. In a terminal/shell, just do su and then fix_permissions and see if it fixes it. As to getting back to stock, I'm only familiar with the Motorola Droid; someone else would probably be better able to help you if you go that route.
  3. 3083joe

3083joe New Member

u got a link to the 2.1 rooted rom?
  4. mactechnm

mactechnm New Member

Continued trouble restoring Eris

I have wiped my phone several times, but every time, it still 'keeps' all the errors. Because I modified the root folders (although somehow I no longer have root access) So now my startup screen is custom, and the Market refuses to work, won't download anything at all, and Android/google processes crash all the time. I think I've really messed up my phone this time. NOTHING I've tried will get the phone back to completely factory condition again. Tried deleting app data for different apps, no luck. Luckily i'm eligible for upgrade in one month, because I'm going to smash the Eris If I cant fix it.
  5. mactechnm

mactechnm New Member

Above what I posted previously, I see the following....

DESIREC XC SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-1.47.0000
    TOUCH-PANEL-MELFAS_45_17
    RADIO-2.40.00.01.22
    Oct 23 200, 17:02:23

Hope this helps. Looks like I am not at the HBOOT 1.49, which I think is a good thing. I just wish I could get the original factory eris rom installed, but I'm not able to. Appreciate any help [​IMG]
  6. borgey401

borgey401 New Member

well if you are rooted why don't you just flash another ROM? If not I know devs who are working on the Incredible that used to have an Eris and I can ask them for you. Just please get back to asap and I will be more then happy to help out. I do have my sd card from back when I had an Eris with about 3 nandroid backups on it if that would help at all?
  7. borgey401

borgey401 New Member

Ok, I have got good news for you. Some of the people in the IRC channel that I go to hooked me up with some desire/eris shipped ROMs. Let me know when you are ready
  8. mactechnm

mactechnm New Member

Well, actually, my phone is not rooted anymore, I have no idea what happened, but I no longer have any of the rooted apps I had, and every time I restore my phone with 'recovery', it just puts the same stuff back on. I am missing something from Google, because I cannot download from the market, and I keep getting com.android.google process errors. Still trying to figure it out...
  9. borgey401

borgey401 New Member

Well like I said before I have a couple shipped ROMs that the Eris comes with stock 2.1 and 1.5 so let me know if you would like them
  10. mactechnm

mactechnm New Member

That would be awesome. I have never used IRC (well actually I have, but it was YEARS ago), so that'll take some time tonight. maybe you can private message me with your email address? I really appreciate the help.
  11. luna_diviner

luna_diviner New Member

I'm having a similar issue after rooting my Eris. If you still have either the 1.5 or th 2.1 images, it would be greatly appreciated.
  12. mersera

mersera New Member

I rooted my eris everything ran perfectly until I downloaded webroot from market and tested the lock functions, when I tested the scream the screen locked and I could not access the key board eventually I accessed the recovery but have had issues since, if you still have the stock roms for the eris would greatly appreciate.
  13. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Search tags for this page

desirec xc ship s-on

hboot
htc droid eris stock rom
htc eris stock recovery image for hboot 1.47
htc eris stock rooted rom download
htc eris xc ship on

restore droid eris to 1.5