Please help, phone will only boot to Odin mode, no recovery or fastboot

marknichelson

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Today I was flashing a kernel and my phone entered a boot loop at the Google screen. I tried to reboot into recovery to restore my nandroid backup, but the phone was stuck on the "Downloading" screen and the usual volume button options wouldn't work.

As I was still stuck in a bootloop I feared that I had bricked my phone, but after a couple hours I managed to get it to boot again by restoring a stock image using Odin.

So now my phone boots, but Odin/"Downloading" screen remains my only option when trying to access recovery. Please help!!

kjcword

Reaction score
Don't feel bad, I did the same thing while flashing from CND to Gummy. Not sure what I did wrong, but I managed to recover thanks to Wug's toolkit. After I wiped and flashed new, I am no longer stuck. I'm guessing that odin is not installed somehow.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Today I was flashing a kernel and my phone entered a boot loop at the Google screen. I tried to reboot into recovery to restore my nandroid backup, but the phone was stuck on the "Downloading" screen and the usual volume button options wouldn't work.

As I was still stuck in a bootloop I feared that I had bricked my phone, but after a couple hours I managed to get it to boot again by restoring a stock image using Odin.

So now my phone boots, but Odin/"Downloading" screen remains my only option when trying to access recovery. Please help!!

Redo the Odin restore of the stock image?

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How are you trying to boot into recovery? The volume down button + power button will take you to Download (Odin) mode. Both volume buttons + power button take you to bootloader mode where you can access recovery.