please help ...... phone is stuck on the red M logo

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
<br><br>I'm downloading it now but I think I tried this already and it didn't work

Right. This is why I asked Matt if he could take a look at the earlier thread posts and maybe he can figure out why the utility couldn't find the needed files.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Your only option may be to Fastboot back to .173. Go to this link and read. You'll need to download the COMPLETE Droid RAZR Utility, and once installed, drivers in place, you'll run and choose option 1 while your phone is in AP Fastboot.

Edit: Oops!! :blink: I forgot to GIVE you the link!! Duh... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html

Also, you might want to try first wiping caches (option 15) BEFORE doing the full Fastboot. That may be all that's needed.

Good luck!

i tried it and it just says that the system cannot find the path specified
every option i hit , i tried option 15 , option 1
nothing is working
do i need to put anything on my sd card to load from the clock work recovery

and i don't think that the phone is charging either
when it is in the ap fast boot mode it says the battery is low all the time

OK, so I had a similar situation. I moved the entire folder to the ROOT C: directory on my desktop computer and ran it again, problem solved. For some reason the bat file couldn't find it while on my desktop but worked fine in the C: drive root directory. Please give that a try. Also, on a side note, when you downloaded this, did it take a LONG time, or was it done fairly quickly? If it was done quickly it may be that you didn't get the full package. Did you pull down this?

Droid RAZR Utility 1.40
Fastboot files ARE included. Option 1 will work.

Size: 1.14 GB

MD5: 48619c71959c387291d55d9d62b0314d

Link: http://goo-inside.me...RUtility1.4.zip

i just tried it the way you said it and it still says that the system cannot find the path specified
and yes i have downloaded the one that is 1.14gb
it took awhile to download

Use my Droid RAZR Utility instead of RSD Lite. The 6.12.173 RSD Lite fastboot files by themselves will error.

Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading DroidRAZRUtility.7z

Matt, as you see in above copies, the OP tried your utility but couldn't get the OS to recognize where the files were. This is the same problem I had if you remember, back a number of weeks ago. Can you make any additional suggestions?

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
any luck guys, i hate to keep asking, just antsy

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
any luck guys, i hate to keep asking, just antsy

Not a problem. Matt is very busy both here and on other forums so he may have missed my message. I'll pm him again.

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
Not a problem. Matt is very busy both here and on other forums so he may have missed my message. I'll pm him again.

Thank you very much

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thank you very much

I PM'ed Matt and he said that the program won't work properly unless all the files and the separate subfolder are in the same folder. When you extracted the files, did you extract into a folder, and did you make sure all files were contained therein?

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
I PM'ed Matt and he said that the program won't work properly unless all the files and the separate subfolder are in the same folder. When you extracted the files, did you extract into a folder, and did you make sure all files were contained therein?

just got home from work , gonna try it now
everything is in one folder

what porgram am i suppose to use .... the droid razr utility.bat or the RSD Lite?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You want to put the phoned into Fastboot recovery and run the bat file, then choose option 1.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
You want to put the phoned into Fastboot recovery and run the bat file, then choose option 1.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

nothing is working

greasy_lipid

Reaction score
nothing is working

I had the same problem. I just downloaded and ran the utility and had no trouble (although I did have a full charge). You might want to try to get your phone charged and then start from scratch...

Here are the steps I went through.

On the phone:
1) My phone was stuck on the Motorola symbol.
2) I held the 2 volume buttons and the power button until the phone shut off.
3) I then released the power button but still held the 2 volume buttons down
4) The phone booted into recovery mode, which gives you several options
5) Choose Fastboot (press volume down to navigate to it, and volume up to select it)
6) Plug the phone into your PC and leave it

On the PC:
1) Download the utility (I used Version 1.42, here: [CDMA] Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS] - xda-developers)
2) Version 4.2 uses a ".7z" compression format rather than .zip". You can extract using "7-Zip File Manager" (http://www.7-zip.org/download.html; you probably need the 32-bit version)
3) Double-click to install the 7-Zip file manager
4) Open 7-Zip and navigate to the utility, extract the files to a folder in the location of your choice (I extracted mine my downloads folder and had no trouble using it)
5) Open this new folder and double click on the batch file (DroidRAZRUtility.bat)
6) Press any key to continue when told to do so
7) Select '1' and 'enter'
8) Press any key to continue
9) You will have to press any key to continue twice more, but be sure to follow the instructions--you have to wait until your phone screen goes black and then comes back on before pressing any key to continue (it just takes a second or so)

----
SIDE NOTE: If your phone says "Status 1 Unlocked", EXIT THE PROGRAM and email [email protected] (the developer) and let him know.
----

10) Let the program do its thing
11) Your phone will boot into recovery and you will see the triangle/exclamation point. Press both volume buttons to get the recovery menu.
12) Choose the option to wipe your cache
13) When cache is wiped, reboot your phone

Again, this worked perfectly for me.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I had the same problem. I just downloaded and ran the utility and had no trouble (although I did have a full charge). You might want to try to get your phone charged and then start from scratch...

Here are the steps I went through.

On the phone:
1) My phone was stuck on the Motorola symbol.
2) I held the 2 volume buttons and the power button until the phone shut off.
3) I then released the power button but still held the 2 volume buttons down
4) The phone booted into recovery mode, which gives you several options
5) Choose Fastboot (press volume down to navigate to it, and volume up to select it)
6) Plug the phone into your PC and leave it

On the PC:
1) Download the [Droid RAZR] utility (I used Version 1.42, here: [CDMA] Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS] - xda-developers)
2) Version 4.2 uses a ".7z" compression format rather than .zip". You can extract using "7-Zip File Manager" (http://www.7-zip.org/download.html; you probably need the 32-bit version)
3) Double-click to install the 7-Zip file manager
4) Open 7-Zip and navigate to the utility, extract the files to a folder in the location of your choice (I extracted mine [into] my downloads folder and had no trouble using it)
5) Open this new folder and double click on the batch file (DroidRAZRUtility.bat)
6) Press any key to continue when told to do so
7) Select '1' and 'enter'
8) Press any key to continue
9) You will have to press any key to continue twice more, but be sure to follow the instructions--you have to wait until your phone screen goes black and then comes back on before pressing any key to continue (it just takes a second or so)

----
SIDE NOTE: If your phone says "Status 1 Unlocked", EXIT THE PROGRAM and email [email protected] (the developer) and let him know.
----

10) Let the program do its thing
11) Your phone will boot into recovery and you will see the triangle/exclamation point. Press both volume buttons to get the recovery menu.
12) Choose the option to wipe your cache
13) When cache is wiped, reboot your phone

Again, this worked perfectly for me.

This is a nice write-up of the process, and a good reference for others. Unfortunately for this OP, we did go through the process of downloading and uncompressing into a folder and yet the DroidRAZRUtility.bat (DRUB) kept coming up with "system cannot find the path specified" for him. We only decided to go the old route with RSD when he was unable to get the DRUB working properly. I have already instructed him to try again per Matt's recommendation but the OP is having the exact same problem with the DRUB as I did.

I extracted it into the Droid RAZR Utility folder on my desktop and I was getting the same error. No matter where I either extracted or placed that folder, the same results were obtained. I eventually extracted all the files, including those in the sub-folder right onto my C: root drive - not in a folder, and ran it from there. That was the only way I could get it to find the files it was looking for, since obviously the program has access to the root path on the PC.

There is obviously an issue with paths and whether it's due to permissions on my (and the OP's) computer, or it has something to do with how the DRUB is written I don't know, but Matt was atemate that it wasn't a problem with the DRUB, so we're back to a problem with folder permissions or path related issues on the computer(s). I have yet to figure it out on my PC, but that is the only application I have any problem running on that PC with Windows XP SP3.

:blink: