please help ...... phone is stuck on the red M logo

huskur

Reaction score
OK, so let's back up and regroup. We know you can get to the boot selection menu, but without a signed ROM, you can't flash from SD Card.

So let's try the old-fashioned way...RSD Lite. It's not as easy of a process and as simple of an interface as the RAZR utility, but it does the same thing.

First!
Next!
  1. Power off your phone.
  2. Power your phone on while holding the volume up, down and power buttons at the same time.
  3. Using the volume down button, hover over "AP Fastboot", use volume up to select.
  4. Open RSD Lite, press the "..." button at the top, navigate to the folder where you saved the Fastboot zip file and select it.
  5. Select "uncompress and start flashing".
To get completely back to stock, you will have to preform a factory reset after flashing.

This particular post should get set somewhere where it can be accessed all the time for the RAZR community. Great write up

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
OK, so let's back up and regroup. We know you can get to the boot selection menu, but without a signed ROM, you can't flash from SD Card.

So let's try the old-fashioned way...RSD Lite. It's not as easy of a process and as simple of an interface as the RAZR utility, but it does the same thing.

First!

Next!

1. Power off your phone.
  2. Power your phone on while holding the volume up, down and power buttons at the same time.
  3. Using the volume down button, hover over "AP Fastboot", use volume up to select.
  4. Open RSD Lite, press the "..." button at the top, navigate to the folder where you saved the Fastboot zip file and select it.
  5. Select "uncompress and start flashing".

To get completely back to stock, you will have to preform a factory reset after flashing.

should i redownload the droid razr utility 1.4 or can i use the one i got the other day
also how do i get my phone to charge the battery, i think it keeps dying

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
My phone won't stay on long enough to do that RSD Lite

it does the uncompress part fine , but when it goes to flash it says FAIL
and then the phone shuts down

is that because the battery is dead

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Probably so. Damn...so what i've read is that if you plug it into the charger, it will charge but very slowly. It may take several hours or more to get just enough to complete the flash. I don't know if you can power the phone off by pressing the power button once on the charger, or if power and volume down will work either, but we need to get the battery charged. I know there are people who have jerryrigged charging cables to charge the battery directly but there is a risk of over charging. There is apparently a special charging cable just for this purpose but I don't know where to get it though I've read it's expensive. If anyone else can lend some advice it would be welcomed.

I found this (http://shop.teamblackhat.info/Factory-style-programming-cable-for-Motorola-FactCable.htm), and this (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/146492-how-why-make-your-own-motorola-factory-cable.html). Both describe the cable I mentioned above. One is available for purchase but is out of stock. I put in a contact request for them. The other one describes how to Jerryrig it up yourself if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Let's keep trying. In the mean time, plug it in and let it sit. If you can power it down while connected to the charger do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Any word on the battery situation? Did you take out your electronic toolbox and rig up a Factory Cable?

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
ok, we made a cord like that was made on the forum link you gave me,
the phone now says that the battery is OK , OK to program
transfer mode :
USB CONNECTED

in rsd lite it does the uncompressing fine
then it reboots to bootloader then it looks like its doing something with a mbm.bin then it says it failed
unknown fastboot command: (oem) phone connected

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ok, we made a cord like that was made on the forum link you gave me,
the phone now says that the battery is OK , OK to program
transfer mode :
USB CONNECTED

in rsd lite it does the uncompressing fine
then it reboots to bootloader then it looks like its doing something with a mbm.bin then it says it failed
unknown fastboot command: (oem) phone connected

Ok, I'll look into it tomorrow. It's almost 3am and I've had a very long day. The good things are you now have power, the phone is responding too RSD and you can still get into Fastboot. It's now just some minor tweaks and we'll have you up and running again. I am very confident of that.

Good night and we'll pick this up tomorrow.

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
Ok, I'll look into it tomorrow. It's almost 3am and I've had a very long day. The good things are you now have power, the phone is responding too RSD and you can still get into Fastboot. It's now just some minor tweaks and we'll have you up and running again. I am very confident of that.

Good night and we'll pick this up tomorrow.

thanks alot buddy , you guys are the best

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
Did you figure anything out with the rsd lite not flashing

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Did you figure anything out with the rsd lite not flashing

Sorry, been hard at work trying to bring in a paycheck (this job's volunteer-you know!;))

I put in a "call" to one of our resident experts who may be able to lend a hand. Let's see where this goes. Again, I'm not giving up, just looking for perhaps the unique perspective that will get us pointed in the right direction. As long as you can get to the respective programming choices on the phone, we're not out of options.

Sit tight. ;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
Use my Droid RAZR Utility instead of RSD Lite. The 6.12.173 RSD Lite fastboot files by themselves will error.<br>
<br>
<a href="http://goo-inside.me/apps/mattlgroff/DroidRAZRUtility.7z" target="_blank">Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading DroidRAZRUtility.7z</a>
<br><br>I'm downloading it now but I think I tried this already and it didn't work

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
it just finished and it still says that the system cannot find the path specified
so no luck with this