please help ...... phone is stuck on the red M logo

word1114

Reaction score
hello everyone
i recently rooted my droid razr, last night i put a rom on and it worked for a brief time
it was the GUMMY spyder rom
now if i hold the power down and volume down it takes me to the boot mode selection menu (0A.6C) screen
when i go to recovery i get the triangle! with the little droid
then when i hit the volume up and down at the same time it takes me to the android system recovery <3e> screen
but everything i do it takes me to the main screen with the M logo and never goes past that
any ideas?

thanks alot

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
hello everyone
i recently rooted my droid razr, last night i put a rom on and it worked for a brief time
it was the GUMMY spyder rom
now if i hold the power down and volume down it takes me to the boot mode selection menu (0A.6C) screen
when i go to recovery i get the triangle! with the little droid
then when i hit the volume up and down at the same time it takes me to the android system recovery <3e> screen
but everything i do it takes me to the main screen with the M logo and never goes past that
any ideas?

thanks alot

Your only option may be to Fastboot back to .173. Go to this link and read. You'll need to download the COMPLETE Droid RAZR Utility, and once installed, drivers in place, you'll run and choose option 1 while your phone is in AP Fastboot.

Edit: Oops!! :blink: I forgot to GIVE you the link!! Duh... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html

Also, you might want to try first wiping caches (option 15) BEFORE doing the full Fastboot. That may be all that's needed.

Good luck!

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
i tried it and it just says that the system cannot find the path specified
every option i hit , i tried option 15 , option 1
nothing is working
do i need to put anything on my sd card to load from the clock work recovery

and i don't think that the phone is charging either
when it is in the ap fast boot mode it says the battery is low all the time

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
i tried it and it just says that the system cannot find the path specified
every option i hit , i tried option 15 , option 1
nothing is working
do i need to put anything on my sd card to load from the clock work recovery

and i don't think that the phone is charging either
when it is in the ap fast boot mode it says the battery is low all the time

OK, so I had a similar situation. I moved the entire folder to the ROOT C: directory on my desktop computer and ran it again, problem solved. For some reason the bat file couldn't find it while on my desktop but worked fine in the C: drive root directory. Please give that a try. Also, on a side note, when you downloaded this, did it take a LONG time, or was it done fairly quickly? If it was done quickly it may be that you didn't get the full package. Did you pull down this?

Droid RAZR Utility 1.40
Fastboot files ARE included. Option 1 will work.

Size: 1.14 GB

MD5: 48619c71959c387291d55d9d62b0314d

Link: http://goo-inside.me...RUtility1.4.zip

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
OK, so I had a similar situation. I moved the entire folder to the ROOT C: directory on my desktop computer and ran it again, problem solved. For some reason the bat file couldn't find it while on my desktop but worked fine in the C: drive root directory. Please give that a try. Also, on a side note, when you downloaded this, did it take a LONG time, or was it done fairly quickly? If it was done quickly it may be that you didn't get the full package. Did you pull down this?

Droid RAZR Utility 1.40
Fastboot files ARE included. Option 1 will work.

Size: 1.14 GB

MD5: 48619c71959c387291d55d9d62b0314d

Link: http://goo-inside.me...RUtility1.4.zip

i just tried it the way you said it and it still says that the system cannot find the path specified
and yes i have downloaded the one that is 1.14gb
it took awhile to download

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
i just tried it the way you said it and it still says that the system cannot find the path specified
and yes i have downloaded the one that is 1.14gb
it took awhile to download

Wow! I am so sorry you are having this much difficulty with that phone and with the utility. There is one last option. You could download and install RSD Lite and flash the Fastboot file directly. I'll hunt down the link for the most recent version unless someone else has it at their fingertips.

You'll also need the Fastboot file in zip form. I know that both are linked here on the forum but I can't put my finger on them at the moment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
Wow! I am so sorry you are having this much difficulty with that phone and with the utility. There is one last option. You could download and install RSD Lite and flash the Fastboot file directly. I'll hunt down the link for the most recent version unless someone else has it at their fingertips.

let me ask
if i am on the ap fastboot. and i go to recovery and hit my volume up to ok it
i get the motorola logo then i get the triangle with the little droid
now if i hit the volume up and down at the same time it went in to the clockwork recovery. there it said i can install from sd car, wipe cache or factory reset / data reset
but now i don't think i have enough power to do it .
would that help any if i can get back into that mode

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
let me ask
if i am on the ap fastboot. and i go to recovery and hit my volume up to ok it
i get the motorola logo then i get the triangle with the little droid
now if i hit the volume up and down at the same time it went in to the clockwork recovery. there it said i can install from sd car, wipe cache or factory reset / data reset
but now i don't think i have enough power to do it .
would that help any if i can get back into that mode

I had suggested you do the factory reset before but thought you couldn't get to that screen. You DO want to first try to wipe cache and then do the factory reset if you can.

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
I had suggested you do the factory reset before but thought you couldn't get to that screen. You DO want to first try to wipe cache and them do the factory reset if you can.

yes i tried them and nothing worked
i was asking if i can put something on the sd and installing it from the clockwork screen would work

OP
word1114

word1114

Reaction score
yes i tried them and nothing worked
i was asking if i can put something on the sd and installing it from the clockwork screen would work

also on the AP Fastboot Flash Mode screen it says the DEVICE IS LOCKED
is that how it is supposed to be or how or can it be unlocked?

it says:
DEVICE IS LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery Low
cannot program
transfer mode:
USB Connected

maybe that can help ?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
also on the AP Fastboot Flash Mode screen it says the DEVICE IS LOCKED
is that how it is supposed to be or how or can it be unlocked?

it says:
DEVICE IS LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery Low
cannot program
transfer mode:
USB Connected

maybe that can help ?

Locked is normal, it means that the system has control of the phone. I need to do some research as to what can be done. Only signed ROMs can be installed from the SD card if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps someone can confirm or deny for me.

I don't believe we have such a ROM available for the RAZR but again, I could be wrong.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
any luck or am i out of a phone?

Don't give up yet. There has to be a solution, we just have to find it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, so let's back up and regroup. We know you can get to the boot selection menu, but without a signed ROM, you can't flash from SD Card.

So let's try the old-fashioned way...RSD Lite. It's not as easy of a process and as simple of an interface as the RAZR utility, but it does the same thing.

First!

Next!

1. Power off your phone.
  2. Power your phone on while holding the volume up, down and power buttons at the same time.
  3. Using the volume down button, hover over "AP Fastboot", use volume up to select.
  4. Open RSD Lite, press the "..." button at the top, navigate to the folder where you saved the Fastboot zip file and select it.
  5. Select "uncompress and start flashing".

To get completely back to stock, you will have to preform a factory reset after flashing.