Please help, phone is flipping out after a factory reset

Hazardous

Reaction score
I am using the Droid I and it has been very good to me for two years.

Just yesterday it started flipping out to where things are being pressed uncontrollably, the screen is scrolling up and down/sideways and locking up without my control. I cleared my memory card and wiped out the phone a few times. I even went into "airplane mode" and still cannot control it. There are times when I let it skits out for a bit and then I can do a few things but it's not long before it is taken over again. Does this mean I got hijacked? I did a few resets (Setting -->Privacy -> reset phone) but I am struggling to even obain the build numbers. Only thing that works is a warm boot and once it comes up I lose control again.

Droid I
Android Version 2.2.3
Baseband VS C_01.43.01P
Build # FRK76

2.6.32.9-g68eeeFS / android-build@apa26#1 (not sure what this one was)

Thanks for any help!

Mike

P.S. I'm about to buy a new phone, but still would like to use this on wifi for home.

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds like the digitizer is failing. In the past there were a lot of reports of people getting the sort of action as a result of charging with a non-Motorola charger. But when folks had unexplained issues like this, it seems either a Factory Data Reset fixed it or it was a failing digitizer (screen). The digitizer can be replaced and it's fairly easy, or so I'm told. You can get replacements on Ebay or check with one the local phone repair shops in your area.

Good luck.

OP
H

Hazardous

Reaction score
Hey, I think you're onto something. I read up a bit on the digitizer and it's accurate with my issue. I cleaned the screen and removed some clear plastic case (just covered around the edges) and it's much better; although a bit screwey still.

I think I need to find installation instructions on the digitizer, and any idea what model the originial motorolla droid 1 is? I checked on ebay and they seem to have an aXXXX number. I can't seem to find mine.

Thanks so much for your help!

Mike

OP
H

Hazardous

Reaction score
Thank you so much Bayou, really a great help!