please help never rooted DX gb 588 to 595

frayed

Reaction score
I have a Droid X running gb588 never rooted and from what I've read that won't let me update to 596 when the V ota is released. And I need to update to 595 in order to do so(please correct me if I'm wrong). I got the stock 595 file and tried naming it update.zip but the install always fails. Can anyone please tell me what I need to do to to receive the Ota.

leonozug

Reaction score
No, you have to be on stock .340 to receive the update man. .595 won't let you get it. You'll have to SBF it back to stock to get it, when it's finally released.

leonozug

Reaction score
Droid X SBF

There, everythings in that link so you can SBF. Look up Randyrkelly on youtube, he has a video on there to show you how exactly to do it without bricking your phone. You'll be all set, if and when the OTA ever drops. lol

gator79

Reaction score
There is a thread that give u 3 downloads of the leak the deox rooted version. The odeox version. And the bone stock version. U need to be onthe bone stock version. To receive the update

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

gator79

Reaction score
Go to the rom section and look for zombiestomp 1.7 for gb595 it will give u the link were u can get what u need to receive the update will already running gb with out sbf img back

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Yeah p3 tweeted the other day something to the effect of "the rules have changed and you will now need to be stock 2.3.340 to get the ota".