1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Please help, need step by step (going from 1.1 to froyo)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by velocity92c, Jun 16, 2010.

1. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

I'm still a total newb when it comes to this stuff so please go easy on me. I'm currently running 1.1 and want to update to the froyo build of BB. I've got titanium backup but I can't figure out how to use it. Can someone walk me thru step by step exactly what I need to do to backup my apps/text messages? After I back them up I can just install froyo bb through rom manager correct? I also have no access to a pc right now so I'm hoping I can do all this from my droid. Will doing a data wipe delete titanium backups? Anything else I should know? I'm trying to be as careful as possible since I don't have a pc to use if I brick my phone. Thanks in advance.
  2. five5

five5 New Member

i use mybackup pro so can't help you on the titanium backup, but make a backup (no wipe only wipes your phone, never your SD card)

Then go to rom manager, flash, then go to install from SD card and i would check both wipe and backup.

AFter than install the kernel and DO NOT WIPE.

If you decide on mybackup pro just backup your apps and back up your data, very simple and easy. then when your done installing simply click restore then do data and apps.

from droid life

Instructions…
    1. Download Bugless Beast Froyo V0.1 from one of the links above to your SD Card.
    2. Open ROM Manager and choose “Install ROM from SD Card.”
    3. Navigate to the folder that has the BB Froyo file you just downloaded and tap on it.
    4. Probably a good idea to check the box to make a backup.
    5. check the box to “wipe data and cache.”
    6. Allow your phone to boot into recovery, work some magic and BAM! Done!
  3. Phxphenom

Phxphenom New Member

Thereis a frequent poster here named Diordna that you can leave a personal message for. He will help you.

Marc