Please help!!! Moto droid brikked!

Reaction score
Ok guys. Before I tell you the story of what happened.....This is kinda akward, but I have an actual...uhmm relationship with my Droid. Here is the W. I had this phone for 2 1/2 days and it was then rooted. I did a nice root job, nothing went wrong untill just today. About 3:05 ( I dont really think its important but whatever) I downloaded a Cyanogen Mod from ROM Manager. I dont think anything went wrong....but I dont really know. After installing all of this (I know how to correctly, and did). Something may have happened without me noticing. Well I went to reboot (happy because I thought i might trick my Droid into possibly running Cyanogen). BAMMM LOOP!!!! "Oh ****" I am no stranger to this process, so I did my usual. Put it in Clockwork Recovery(a.k.a:The problem) and tried the backup I did right before downloading (maybe after but I know I made a backup before installing). And tried the restore. All went well right....WRONG! Instead of this helping It made it worse. I got stuck at the Moto Startup about 3 times. I am now in ClockWorkRecovery, and helpless:(. Well appearantly any help is GREATTTTTLY appriciated! A quick response would cheer me up, but iDont (pun intended) want to push it (pun STILL intended)

Update: I can get into recovery, but its the ClockWork Recovery. I am going to stay here untill help.

Update: My phone is now off. I do not know what is going on right now. It is plugged in and Charging Light (on side of phone) is glowing. More help please?

Update: Phone turned back on....There is still hope!

Update: Stopping search. I came here for help on fixing my phone, but instead I get accused of lying about my ****ing paper weight.

Update: Internet is a "go" haha Im going to try these tips. Thanks all! I will Update soon.
or later with my results.

Update: Thank you all (or atleast the ones who helped) You know who you are! I would give additional info, but I am Currently runnin on the Droid.....THANKS TO YOU!

Last edited:

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
From reading your post I do have one suggestion. Lay off the caffeine! It seems you got ahead of yourself and you didn't do your research. Just an observation :)

EDIT: Did you make a Nandroid backup amidst all that?

OP
IxMissxN'xLovexMyxDroid
Reaction score
Yes I did. I dont exactly remember if it was a ClockMod, Or A normal back up, (Im pretty sure it was clockwork because there were 3 restores availble. Which none worked (they went through the process and it said the restore was complete), Unfortunately nothing was fixed after rebooting. I still got stuck in same area.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes I did. I dont exactly remember if it was a ClockMod, Or A normal back up, (Im pretty sure it was clockwork because there were 3 restores availble. Which none worked (they went through the process and it said the restore was complete), Unfortunately nothing was fixed after rebooting. I still got stuck in same area.

Look at the some of the Cyanogen threads here. This is a very common problem with the Clockwork Recovery problem. Most people are reloading the CM rom and then reinstalling the Sprecovery (99.2b or 99.3b) that should still be on your sdcard. Or they are going to the market and downloading dmupdater(? not totally sure of the name - it's in the threads) and then install sprecovery via that program. You can then use one of your nandroid backups to get back in business.

Good luck.

BTW, this very thing happened to me yesterday.

OP
IxMissxN'xLovexMyxDroid
Reaction score
I cannot get passed the Motorola Startup Screen. My phone is also turned off. Did it die? or am I screwed?

comiTEST

Reaction score
Similar Situation

I am also in the same position my good friend Missx is. Basically I am stuck at the Motorolla logo, or I can boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery. It got this way from trying to restore with a ClockworkMod backup after trying to load Cyan's ROM. I do have a healthy backup I made with sprecovery and want to know if there is a way to get SPRecovery back under my current situation.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Just install an sbf file and your all good to go... there is no such thing as bricking it....

if your not sure how then use google as there are many threads out there on how to do it.

OP
IxMissxN'xLovexMyxDroid
Reaction score
Read this thread...it sounds like jinx was just in your shoes.http::motdroidhoriz://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/29973-cyanogenmod-5-0-4-3-a.html

saddly I am not quite following. I dont know if it is just my young mind, or if I'm just a Dumbass (I'm only 11, but I know an amazing ammount of info about my phone) Ive looked at MULTIPLE (+15) posts on how to root Droid. But then I found SholesMod/DroidMod, and threw that info in the gutter and followed their directions. I do still remembersome info on what I read.

OP
IxMissxN'xLovexMyxDroid
Reaction score
I am also in the same position my good friend Missx is. Basically I am stuck at the Motorolla logo, or I can boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery. It got this way from trying to restore with a ClockworkMod backup after trying to load Cyan's ROM. I do have a healthy backup I made with sprecovery and want to know if there is a way to get SPRecovery back under my current situation.

This is Exactly what happened to me once I think of the events in order.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I got you! Liberally just didthis last night!

Boot into recovery, go to install update from sd card, navigate to the option to search the sd card

navigate to the clockwork folder

Locate the cyanogen(bunch of stuff includin thr version number).zip and reinstall it. Nit a bad idea to wipe first.

This'll get you back into cyan, where you can re flash sprecovery and restore your nandroid backup.

Clockwork doesn't play well with anything but cyan...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Or, if you're familiar with adb push, you can re download the cyan install zip and adb push it to the root of the sd. Don't do snf. I'll get on my pc to help you out...

OP
IxMissxN'xLovexMyxDroid
Reaction score
Or, if you're familiar with adb push, you can re download the cyan install zip and adb push it to the root of the sd. Don't do snf. I'll get on my pc to help you out...

I dont belive I am familiar with adb. Can you give me some information and/or a link?

comiTEST

Reaction score
Thanks R1Lover and Jonny Kansas for your quick replies. I am sure either solution will aid in breathing life back into my droid. Have to go to work now so will have to try this when I get home, will let you know when <DROID>. :icon_ banana: