PLEASE HELP! Most mp3's cannot be recognized after upgrading to FROYO.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by comacase, Jul 18, 2010.

1. comacase

comacase New Member

Hey Guys,

I'm really having a hard time with my music player ever since I upgraded to Froyo. Since I have upgraded most of my music collection cannot be found in any music player. However, they do show up in a file manager. Has anyone had this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the regular motorola droid.
  2. AuroEdge

AuroEdge New Member

I have the same issue. None of my music, notifications, or ringtones show up in Froyo. Maybe support isn't possible yet?
  3. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

Maybe try mp3tagger.
  4. comacase

comacase New Member

Yeah, it's some type of glitch in Froyo... I have tried mp3 tagger too and it doesn't work either.. The only solution I have found is to use doubletwist for my media on the computer with the doubletwist media player on the android market. Everything comes up within doubletwist, but not on any other music player.
  5. AuroEdge

AuroEdge New Member

I did not have a very good experience with Froyo on Moto Droid. This media thing is kind of a deal breaker. Overclocked Eclair is just fine for now. I would expect most of the ROM teams out there to update anyways once the official Motorola Droid Over-The-Air Update comes out.
  6. titans1

titans1 New Member

hmmm.thats very interesting...i dont have any troubles with music at all and i am on foyo on moto. I have roughly 5 gigs on my sd card worth of music
  7. comacase

comacase New Member

that's strange. maybe i need to try a new ROM.. Even though I have used two different Froyo ones so far.
  8. phatneff

phatneff New Member

I have the exact same problem and it's extremely frustrating!! I'm a frequent flyer and it sucks not to be able to listen to my music on the plane without using another device. So what I do is do an SPRecovery back to a previous BB ROM where I could play music. Then, after I land, I'll flash back to another Froyo ROM. I'm currently on UD 3.0. Last night, I tried flashing to BB .4 once again to see if that helped, but to no avail. The only good thing about that was that the Market worked again, unlike it did when i had BB .4 on there a while ago. UD 4.0 is due to come out today, so maybe I'll try that one to see if my music works with that. In the meantime, if someone else has any fix for this, I'd really like to know what to do!
  9. Droidee

Droidee New Member

I'm not sure if this is the same thing but since upgrading to froyo I've been unable to listen to my music via the car speaker and yes I had been able to do this without using car dock
  10. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

could it have anything to do with digital rights? i'm just guessing here... i spent hours upon hours converting all of my music to mp3's two years ago, and i've had zero issues with any of mine being recognized on my droid... regardless of ROM, OS version, etc...
  11. phatneff

phatneff New Member

Not sure, but I have several "albums" on my SD card, but those aren't recognized, either.
  12. comacase

comacase New Member

nope, nothing to do with digital rights. All of my music is MP3. I converted it all thinking it would fix the issue. No luck.

Now doubletwist player wont read it all either. I am a musician so I am beginning to lose my mind.
  13. drumtrucker

drumtrucker New Member

All MP3's I have played so far have worked fine. Most are from eMusic. I have seen other reports regarding sound quality issues with sound quality with streaming internet radio.
  14. kiwiguy

kiwiguy Member

I am on BB 0.4 with several 100 mp3 files obtained from a variety of sources (ripped from CD's, downloaded from web, etc) and have had no problems playing any of them (I use Meridian and 3 as my players).

Could it be an issue with your player and Froyo?
  15. jntdroid

there's an app called "sdrescan" that does just that, rescans your sdcard so android media players and the gallery don't miss anything - maybe give that a shot?
  16. phatneff

phatneff New Member

that didn't work, either. it would scan and then reboot my phone..........every time. still wasn't able to "find" my media files.

This can't be only a Froyo issue because the rest of the rooted world would have gone nuts about this already. It only seems to be some of us. It would be nice if someone that isn't having this problem could address it and help us resolve it, or a ROM developer could tell us what might be wrong.
  17. jntdroid

this might be a silly question, but the directory where your mp3's are located, it doesn't have a file called ".nomedia" does it?
  18. phatneff

phatneff New Member

No. However, I have several ".nomedia" files on my sdcard but are in different folders. What does that file do? Should I remove all instances of that file?
  19. jntdroid

basically, if the gallery or music player sees .nomedia, it ignores anything in that directory (not sure about subdirectories - i think the file has to be in each specific directory and does NOT apply to subs, but not 100% for sure)
  20. AuroEdge

AuroEdge New Member

My issue was caused be a single MP4 video file. Phone would freeze up randomly and none of my music would appear. I discovered it by formatting my phone and adding stuff back to the memory card incrementally.
Search tags for this page

android froyo invalide file type for mp3 ringer