please help me

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by djzakattack1213, Oct 19, 2010.

1. djzakattack1213

djzakattack1213 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so i am new to the site and new to hacking the droid, i have hacked several things before such as a iPod, but im new to this. Any ways i followed a tutorial on how to root my droid, which i did successfully. The problem i am having is i am not sure what to do now. I have the app named "superusers permissions" thats all i have, what do i do?..i want to get like custom themes and a different notification bar and stuff like that..please help me out..thank you so much :)

2. dbu

dbu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The first thing you need to do is flash a custom ROM, then find a theme that is compatible with said ROM.

3. djzakattack1213

Ratings:
    +0
    can you give me a link on how to flash my rom or a tut on what to do?..im sorry for being lazy but im in a rush and im not sure what to do

4. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    In a rush is not a good way to be if you're new to this process. When you have some time, read the stickied threads in the "Hacking" sections so you can understand the process.

Sorry for not being helpful, but you want to take your time and understand what you're doing so you dont cause more problems.

5. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    I am with LtKen - this is not something you want a rush tutorial on - read up - ask questions - and make time -

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

6. djzakattack1213

Ratings:
    +0
    well i am no longer busy..if some one could give me a tut on how to do this?

7. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Start by figuring out which ROM you want. The process is generally the same for each ROM, but the process can be accomplished several different ways.

8. drivinfocused

drivinfocused Member

Ratings:
    +3
    most roms on the first post give you instructions on how to install..... read them carefully as some require you to do some things...

the same thing with themes... rom maker has their own section in the Droid Hacks section.... they will put instructions on hte first post as well to tell you how to install.......

9. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    1st question, are you talking about a D1? 2nd question, do you have a custom recovery (SPRecovery or Clockwork) or is it still stock?