please help me.

dustinslee

Reaction score
I have a droid razr HD I bought off craigslist and it is running 4.1.1 and you guessed it I can't WiFi tether.. I have unlimited data and I tether my Xbox to play online and I am a sitting duck. I have never rooted before I know there is a way to root and change the entitlement to 0 ... is there a step by step procedure for this or is there another easy way to free tether I think its so wrong that I have unlimited data and can't do as I please with it thanks Verizon lol Lmk all help is soooo appreciated !

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
You could go back to 4.0.4 and buy foxfi. It doesn't work on 4.1.1 yet. There may be other apps available but I'm only familiar with foxfi. PDAnet might be the other one I am thinking of. Let me get you the utility on how to go back to 4.0.4 if you wish.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Nah, its not so bad. You download the file. It will be in a .zip file so extract it to a folder on your desktop using 7zip (its free.) Open the folder and install the drivers. Then run the utility. Then your phone off, hold volume up + volume down + power and you will see a screen with white letters. Fastboot mode should be highlighted, use volume up to select it. Then connect your phone to the computer and choose option 1. It does the rest for you. You will be asked to wipe data though so you'll lose all installed apps. Contacts should be backed up with Google.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
Well I did it ! I started to stop when ICS was installed but I was afraid it wouldn't be completed so I finished and have jb and I did the hack and now I can tether! I am tickled with my self! So I am rooted jellybean razr HD! I did the bootstrap and backed up so if something happens is there any thin else I need to do?