please help me

yasi

Reaction score
when i download some apps i have notification that it says you can move this app to sd card ... how can i do that?...please help me.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well on the phones that I use. I move it to the media area. Which is the built in card on your phone. It basiccly cuts your apps per say, and sends part of it to that card and leaves the other part on your phone.

To do this go into your settings, then applications. Go to manage apps and click on the apps you want to move to the card. When you find it just click what I said earlier.

Be mindful that some apps can not do this. And also that for some apps that you do move, widgets might not work properly.

Hope this helps.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I am guessing that the actual question is that this worked on the OPs old phone, but they can't get it to work on the S3 since on the S3 (or any ICS phone IIRC) you can't move apps to the SD by default. I think there is a hack in here somewhere that allows you to do it.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just fyi, with 16-32gb of internal storage, there's really no need to do this anymore. It used to be necessary in the 1-2gb days, but apps usually take up less than 50mb (and a gig is 1000mb). Games are the main storage users with 1-3gigs. But I have about 4 gameloft games and a few internet/MMO type games and have only used 6.4gb of my 32. Also keeping it on the phone can actually help with battery life and performance, since the phone just has to pull it from itself, instead of going through the SD card. Not a huge deal, but wanted to spread the word.