1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

please help me

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tyler467m, Feb 8, 2010.

1. tyler467m

tyler467m New Member

okay so let me start by saying im sorry if this is a stupid question, anyway

okay im using sm updater app, i downloaded it to my droid opened it up then it downloaded the update zip, it then told me to reboot and hold x, well i did and i have the caution sign and the little droid, then i held +volume and the camera button at the same time, and i got the little choices to chose from including apply sdcard:update.zip but below the little sign it says E:cant open /cache/recovery/command

and i want to know if their was something im missing before i do anything more or if its supposed to say that
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Thats fine about that E:can't do whatever I believe almost everyones says that

So proceed!
  3. tyler467m

tyler467m New Member

thanks =] im now officially rooted!
  4. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

You're welcome! Now the SMUpdater app should install SPRecovery for you next and then install the actual ROM!!