Please Help Me

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So can anyone tell me how to use these programs to get the apps i deleted back?

Tap the Menu button (Lower left corner of the screen) then tap "System Settings" then scroll to the bottom to "About Phone" and tell us what your "System Version" says ... :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ahh, you're still on gb..... by choice???

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
lizziebear

lizziebear

Reaction score
no, i cant update. it says failed. i am assuming that it is because i deleted the applications

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no, i cant update. it says failed. i am assuming that it is because i deleted the applications

Yes if you delete applications it will not allow you to update. I found that out the hard way on my old Droid 2.

Download Matt's Utility Version 1.6 onto your laptop or PC.

Unzip the file into a folder on your desktop of your laptop or PC.

Plug the phone in with the USB cable, and let it update the Motorola drivers if it needs to. Make sure it says "USB debugging" is ENABLED when you pull down the notification window.

With the phone plugged into the computer, run the utility by clicking on the "DroidRazrUtility" in the folder you unzipped. It will bring up a screen with yellow text and say "Press any key to continue"

Choose option 1, "Restore Droid Razr to 6.12.181" and let it do it's thing. It will reboot your phone when it's done. That should put the files and apps back in your phone and allow you to update. If not, let us know.

It is really easy to run the utility, it does everything for you. :)

Last edited:
OP
lizziebear

lizziebear

Reaction score
this is all it does, even in APfastboot.
2012-07-11_22-32-39_318.jpg

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And what type of connection? It should be in "Charge Only" mode ... not USB Mass Storage ...

I have to get to bed, but if ya can't get it to work we will continue to troubleshoot tomorrow. :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The path issue isn't the path on the phone, the bat file can't find its supporting programs. I believe this was addressed in the most recent version, 1.7, but I don't know if the fix was incorporated into the earlier versions. The interesting thing is that it only seems to fail like that for some people whereas the bulk of people it works fine for. I had that problem with earlier versions and had to expand all the files on my computer's c: root drive for it to work for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
lizziebear said:
OHHHHHH:) thanks i am so a noob, please forgive me.

Please don't apologize. I took the liberty of bumping your thread. I haven't flashed a phone since my droid 2 global....so, I couldn't help you out "step by step". I do know that a bunch of good people (with more knowledge) on this forum would be wanting to help you, so I bumped the thread. Besides. I wanted to see the "step by step" in case I ever need to do it myself. :)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The problem here is I am not 100% sure if the files/apps you deleted affect Matt's utility from being able to do what it needs to do to revert your phone. That is what we need to find out before proceeding.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any luck? :)

I have posted on the forum where MattlGroff (the creator of the utilities) hangs out ... I am trying to get some answers for you over there. Please be patient. Will let you know as soon as I find out something from them :)

Last edited: