Please Help Me

lizziebear

Reaction score
Hello, I rooted my razr and deleted some apps off of my phone that I shouldn’t have (like backup assistant) now I have an available update and I unrooted but it still is saying failed. Is there any way I can get those applications back so that I may update my phone or have I made a huge mistake? I didn’t know that I needed to back up my apps just in case. I am not very tech savvy but I can follow directions pretty well.

Side note, I have a friend that has a droid bionic that has done the same thing. so if i could get some help there i would appreciate it.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Try matt's 1.7 utility (if you have ics) or 1.5 if you have gb. I believe that they have the complete fastboot file in them. You can do a forum search or a Google search for them. All directions for their use are in their respective web-pages. Basically (theoretically) a fastboot flash replaces your system to "outa-the-box" condition.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

monkey_man

Reaction score
I feel your panic mode. They are so important (MattGeof Utility) that I have them bookmarked! :p.
1.5 : http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html
Ver. 6.12.173
1.6: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...1-6-now-contains-6-12-181-fastboot-files.html Ver: 6.12.181

1.7: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-droid-razr-utility-1-7-failsafe-edition.html ICS 4.0.4 (this version there are some ppl having problem with it, but some did have success with it)

Remember be safe to just backup all apps you currently have into your SD card, read the matt's instructions carefully and up to you if you like to remove your SD card out, but you don't have to.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try matt's 1.7 utility (if you have ics) or 1.5 if you have gb. I believe that they have the complete fastboot file in them. You can do a forum search or a Google search for them. All directions for their use are in their respective web-pages. Basically (theoretically) a fastboot flash replaces your system to "outa-the-box" condition.
:)

+1 ... I highly recommend Matt's Utility ... it's very easy to use and you can be back to "outa-the-box" as bruben7886 stated. It doesn't take long either. Also, make sure your battery level is not low, just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The 1.7 Utility does not have the Fastboot files, it tricks your phone into thinking you are still on .181 so you can update zip up to .211, .214, or even go back to .181.

If you are on .181 and stuck right now I would use the 1.6 Utility and use that Fastboot option to get you back to stock with all of your applications in tact. Once you do that you can take your update and go from there.

OP
lizziebear

lizziebear

Reaction score
thank you guys, i will try the fastboot out (have a 4 month old so time is kind of sketchy):) i REALLLLLY appreciate this.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
lizziebear said:
thank you guys, i will try the fastboot out (have a 4 month old so time is kind of sketchy):) i REALLLLLY appreciate this.

I can understand that for sure. I hope that works for you, let us know if you need any help.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
lizziebear said:

Congrats on the mini-you!

OP
lizziebear

lizziebear

Reaction score
I am having problems. what option do i select with droid razr utility1.7 to fix this? i tried 1.6 and it didnt work (i pressed all the keys on my phone and followed the directions but the screen never flashed or anything :( ) can someone walk me through this?

Last edited:
OP
lizziebear

lizziebear

Reaction score
"Bump" is a term for moving a thread back to the top of the list after it has dropped down among all the other threads. "Bump the thread back up" :)
OHHHHHH:) thanks i am so a noob, please forgive me.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No need to forgive :) we all have to learn :) and you're doing just that :D

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
lizziebear

lizziebear

Reaction score
So can anyone tell me how to use these programs to get the apps i deleted back?