PLEASE HELP ME.... im new to droid x.. I don't get it????

Natey2

Reaction score
.jar and tar files.

I've never installed those file types on any of my Droids.
Installers are .apk files.

.jar files are .zip files.
.apk files are .zip files too.

I use WinZip on them all the time.

.tar, .tar.gz and .tgz files are not .zip format, but they can be opened/extracted using WinZip.

FYI.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
LOL.... Boy talk about stereotyping, just
b/c I want to install spyware, Im a CRAZED:icon_eek: stalker who is spying on a guy,,,,, LOL.. I needed that laugh. I know its kinda easy to think that but that is not what it is, Actually, I am a production manager in charge of over 250 people. I have a boss who is hideous, unprofessional, and wants to fire me b/c I had a disagreement with her best friend, who is also another manager on the same authority as I. Anyway Im tiered of being harrassed and set-up. I have decided to get ahead of the game!!!!!!!!!! I hope that clarifies and clears up the assuming. But anyway thanks for laugh..... I am way to self confident and happy to worry with that kinda stuff.....:icon_ banana: :) you have made my day..

spyware= someone basically stealing you info without you knowing...which is bad.

from the sounds of it you are just trying to keep track of textx/email/calls ect from you boss threatening you. that is not bad at all. i say go get em'. people like that piss me off.

still, i have to suggest checking out the market. if the intention is to track those conversations with your boss, i am sure there are tools in the market that can do the same thing, better and easier and cheaper than this service. i know handcent or Go SMS or one of those backs up text messages, stock VM can save Voicemails, as can google talk, and you can pretty much always get e-mails back unless you full on delete them. you can also use dropbox or something to upload any file to the cloud for later use.

wasn't trying to insult you, just trying to help you save a little cash.

Natey2

Reaction score
http://www.cell-control.com/faq.html

Interesting. And very strange that a company that sells software for Android didn't give you a .apk file to install.

In general, I'd recommend running suspicious files you encounter through
http://www.virustotal.com/
Good for PC viruses/malware; not sure about Android.
It will run the file through 41 vendors' antivirus engines.
May return some false positives though...
e.g.
www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report...45b9f4b35e0594793ff43bf3f655947f35-1303956914

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Last edited:

morcguy

Reaction score
from their FAQ:

How does it work?
You need to install the software on YOUR Cell Phone, NOT on the Target Phone. Once you have done that you only have to call the Target Phone for 30 seconds until both phones PAIR. And from there on our software will allow you to start spying on the Target Phone.

It is simple and you can rest assured that it will work. The 30 seconds call does not have to be answered. It will work even if you get the voice mail. We just require both, your cell phone and the target phone, to pair with each other and the rest is done by Cell Control...absolutely undetected!

Is this possible? Sounds like BS to me, though not an expert....

John_Droid2

Reaction score
Have you tried using a file manager to unpackage the file, then install it? A $100 you could not find a free one on the app store?

rrlake13

Reaction score
how to convert .tar into .apk

I'm having the same problem, did anyone find out how to convert .tar into .apk????

MattHenson20

Reaction score
Hmm sounds very sketch to me, even if it were some kind of bluetooth manipulator I wouldn't see how it could work more than 20 feet apart, get your money back, and stop spying, lol

successdroid

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if you ever figured this out? I installed cell control today, and spent three hours trying to figure out the darn thing. The three .jar files opened and converted, but not the .tar. Ive downloaded at least 6 different winzips, 7-zips, converters and I had to walk away from the computer before I smashed it into smitherines lol Please let me know the outcome of your experience, I would really like to use this app :( Thanks!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Its been a while since I last looked at this thread, but don't they give any support for their product for the money they ask for it. Not trying to run you off or give a bad vibe, but it seems they should have some type of support for this.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID