Please help me!!!!!!!!!! I need an expert!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by MConoly, Apr 8, 2010.

1. MConoly

MConoly New Member

I have a Motorola Droid, the 2.1 update was installed, and decided I wanted to root my phone. Well you can't root the 2.1 yet, but you can uninstall 2.1 and install a rooted version of it. The only way to uninstall it is by flashing your phone, which gets rid of everything. So I put all my files onto my computer, and went for it. When I attempted to apply the update on the place where you do it, it said it cannot apply it because it is a "directory". This is really flustrating me. And the thing that is WAAAAAAAAY worse is that I can't restore my files, I mounted my phone to my computer and copied the files back to my sd-card, but when I get back on my phone, nothing has changed. I can't find the files. When I plug it into my computer it says the files are there. But It isn't! It has got to be in some strange place in the sd-card which I can't access! I am really pissed. Somebody please help. I am so ****ing flustrated!
  2. RoLa

RoLa New Member

Best bet is to factory reset and start over that's what I would do anyway, especially if you have all of your files saved on your desktop
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  3. RoLa

RoLa New Member

Everything ok? Don't be afraid to ask questions, I can help you with this, or the rescue squad will drop in here as well, but we need to know what's happening

EDIT: It's been over an hour I'm leaving..
  4. MConoly

MConoly New Member

Um. It is at factory default
  5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

So you emptied your sdcard onto your PC? Then you did a factory reset?
  6. MConoly

MConoly New Member

no i flashed it, and i didnt dump it i copied it.
  7. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 New Member

You really have to give us more information lol what are you concerned about? Your sdcard not showing files or your phone not working? I'm lost, cause we were talking about your sdcard then you said you didn't dump it you copied it, and said you flashed it. It doesn't make sense
  8. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Do you have RSD Lite installed on your PC/Laptop?

Yes or No.

Do you have a good copy of the SBF file on your PC/Laptop?

Yes or No?

All the pissing and moaning is going to get you absolutely nothing so let's not make this a personal battle of hormones. Just answer yes or no and we will proceed from there.

Nate
  9. MConoly

MConoly New Member

Yes to both
  10. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Then follow these instructions to a tee.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/24707-unroot-unbrick-your-phone-using-sbf.html

Make SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST USB DRIVERS FOR RSD Lite!

This link has already been provided to you so I want to know what happened. But you're in freak out mode and we don't understand you. We can hold your hand. Sometimes the questions we ask don't make any sense. I get that. We taslk over your head. Don't let that boil your blood. Just stop and ask what we mean by whatever is confusing you.

Nate
  11. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Oh...and once you use these instructions (posted above) you are going to have to reset your phone. You said in another thread you don't weant to do that. It's too late. The good news is it is the easiest part of this whole process. And the Droid will walk you through it. It's really hard to screw that part up.

Nate
  12. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Man...I keep thinking of tips for you.

Don't freak out at the end when RSD Lite says it failed. I'm pretty sure it fails on the baseband update. What I think it is failing on is it starts by checking for a lower version of baseband before applying whatever it is going to apply (the lower vesion form 2.0.1). It sees a higher version because you already had 2.1 installed which included a baseband upgrade. So it fails.

All I know is my phone rebooted and ran like a dream with the newer baseband taht came with 2.1 still on the phone and it had the 2.0.1 ROM.

So once you get this done...do you need assistance getting it rooted or are you simply going back to stock to leave it stock?

Nate
  13. G.Armour

G.Armour New Member

So, did you get your Droid back working?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk