1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Please help me choose (droid 3 vs droid charge)

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by ConfusedPleaseHelp, Feb 8, 2012.

1. ConfusedPleaseHelp

ConfusedPleaseHelp New Member

I cannot choose between the Droid 3 or Droid Charge. This will be my first smartphone and touchscreen and am used to a physical keyboard but it is not to important (but I do kind of like the idea). I am not really technically advanced so I don't know what would be better the 4g 1 core processor or the 3g dual core processor. I want a phone that will last! I am leaning to Droid 3 but really want to weigh the options.

Also things to add I am a very girly female, 20yrs old, and have a two yr old so photos/videos are always very important. And I don't want anything that has problems constantly (obviously) or is difficult to use!
  2. ahj4513

ahj4513 New Member

Charge might not be good to buy right now.. it's getting old. In addition, it only has 512 ram. Go for newer phones like HTC rezound, razr maxx, or galaxy nexus. I recommend razr maxx if you use your phone often. If you want no bloatware, then go for gal. Nexus. I believe google phones come with no bloatware. HTC rezound comes with beats earphones, so you could like it if you listen to music often. I hope it helps you choose.
    Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  3. ahj4513

ahj4513 New Member

I forgot to mention the call quality. It can be terrible. I don't know if it's a Carrier issue or handset issue: I am not satisfied with my phones call quality. I have to repeat myself during calls. It gets frustrating.

4. ConfusedPleaseHelp

Thanks for your advice since you have a charge. I can only choose between the charge and the Droid 3.. and since I have had many people tell me the Charge is NOT good and read people saying the Droid 3 is great, I will go with that.
  5. ahj4513

ahj4513 New Member

Well charge is good. In fact it was the best phone in july through august. Now it's too old - single core and low RAM

6. Insidious

Insidious New Member

The Droid 3 is a very solid option. It'll be plenty good. Now the Droid 4 comes out on Friday and that has 4g, a dual core processor, and a physical keyboard. Essentially it is a 4g version of the Droid 3. It will 199.99 on contract.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  7. ahj4513

ahj4513 New Member

LTE is MUCH faster than 3G. If you can only choose between the two you have mentioned, think about all these deciding factors : 1. Call Quality (you should care) 2. Processor (# of cores, maker of processor - snapdragon? Ti?) 3. RAM (size of RAM is also very imporant) 4. Popularity (availability of accesories depend on it) 5. Network speed (evdo 3g speed is about 1 Mbps and LTE is about 8 Mbps)
    6. Durability 7. Camera (front and back or back only) 8. How often does the maker of the phone update the operating system ( don't expect fast updates from SAMSUNG or LG) 8. GPS (is it assisted gps? Or standalone gps?) 9. Miscellaneous
  8. ConfusedPleaseHelp

Thank you guys for all the help!! I appreciate the help:) Still seems like the Droid 3 is the best option!
  9. joemontana

joemontana New Member

I suppose it is, but I don't see us getting LTE in Montana before I get a new phone.:-(
    Having said that, I *love* my Charge! I don't miss a physical kb in the slightest, to me swype is much faster and more precise. NO need to do any of those stupid texting acronyms (like u for you, or 4 for four). It's actually quicker to swype the complete word!

Joe

10. ahj4513

ahj4513 New Member

@Joemontana I love my charge too! I would NEVER choose droid 3 Over charge it's just way sexier. I mean the display can convince anyone. Super amoled plus!!!! That's why it is the best phone amomg single core LTE phones. THUNDERBOLT Dies too quickly. Some might say that they have extended battery. Even with the extended battery, droid charge probably preserves battery life much better. My friend has a thunderbolt which only receives 3G signal because it drains the battery in a couple hours on 4G. On my charge, I last 6 - 9 hours on LTE with moderate to heavy usage!!!

11. joemontana

joemontana New Member

What he said. The display is incredible, IMO the physical kb is a non-issue. I have a friend that has a Droid 3, I just think the charge is a more advanced phone!
    Joe

12. TheMadTopher

TheMadTopher New Member

The Charge has a beautiful screen, but it is the buggiest phone I have ever had. And that includes the original G1. The radio on this phone is terrible. Constant dropped data connection. Poor voice quality on calls. I've had the phone ~9 months and the battery time is now 6-8 hours with very light usage. At least they fixed the GPS so it finds your location -- the first ~6 months that hardly worked at all. The hardwarwe is underspec'd too. Aside from the amazing screen, the phone is really half baked.
  13. Rhino94

Rhino94 Member

Droid 3. Droid charge is a piece of **** and made of plastic

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  14. joemontana

joemontana New Member

Sorry to hear you've had a sh***y experience with the charge. I've had my Charge for about 9 months also. At first the battery was 6-8 hrs, but now it routinely goes 15+ hours with light use. Voice quality is perfect! Sounds like you have a defective phone.

Joe

15. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

If I had to Choose between those two: Droid 3.
    For the following reasons:

Dual Core processor (Faster)
    Better display (Charge is 800 x 480...Droid 3 is 960 x 540)
    Keyboard (I personally don't care about Keyboards, but the one on the Droid 3 is decent)

The only thing the Charge has going for it is Super AMOLED and 4G...but it is really just a matter of preference. AMOLED has deeper blacks but are more prone to ghosting and burn in and (at least from what I have seen) do not handle gradients as well. I tend to go with higher resolution myself, which in this case is the Droid 3. I have 4G, and IMO it is not as big a deal as I was expecting, though it is nice to have. The Droid 3 is also physically a little smaller, which might be relevant if you have girl hands.

If you can afford it, I would get one of the newer phones though. The HTC Rezound, LG Spectrum, Galaxy Nexus, or Droid Razr Maxx (in that order). All of them have faster processors, double the RAM, better displays (Except for the Razr they all have 720p screens), and will get better support. All of them are 4G.
Search tags for this page
are droid charge as good as a droid 3
droid 3 vs charge

droid 3 vs droid charge

droid 3 vs droid x2
droid 3 vs samsung droid charge

droid charge vs droid 3

droid x vs droid charge
droid x2 vs droid 3
jiner dirod 3 v
motorola droid 3 vs droid charge
motorola droid 3 vs samsung charge