Please help! Locked out of Droid!

lax01

Reaction score
My apps were all there and now they aren't...I'm about to toss this ****ing thing of a 17 story balcony...

jlutz555

Reaction score
this problem has existed since android 1.5 too. google "Too many pattern attempts"

I cam across this problem when it happened to my wifes droid. after she had already done a restore, i came home from work and recreated the problem on mine. I searched the net all night for a fix until i finally figured it out myself.

Lauriehere

Reaction score
Wow....Locked out, with no GOOD FIX!!!

Are you guys serious? There is no solution for this but wipe the phone? This problem has been prevalent since 1.5 and all Google has done is closed the loop hole so that you can't actually resolve this?

This is ****ing horse****.

This is the most rediculous feature on this phone that I have come up against! It doesnt take a call from another phone, or hit the home button? This wipes out your entire phone! Everything you have saved! This is a fix? I think not...disgusted and very frustrating.

Wachalookn8

Reaction score
Are you guys serious? There is no solution for this but wipe the phone? This problem has been prevalent since 1.5 and all Google has done is closed the loop hole so that you can't actually resolve this?

This is ****ing horse****.

This is the most rediculous feature on this phone that I have come up against! It doesnt take a call from another phone, or hit the home button? This wipes out your entire phone! Everything you have saved! This is a fix? I think not...disgusted and very frustrating.
Did you read the link above your post??

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
You know, you could've went to Verizon. My dumbass friend let this dumbass girl use us phone without him there... He didn't unlock it and she kept trying different patterns. Well, she locked it up and had to enter the gmail account... He didn't know the info, so he took it in to Verizon. They looked up his Gmail account, input the info, and unlocked his phone. No wipe!
PS: May not be true, but I think theres a lock file on the root of the phone when you do the pattern locks. I know the iPod Touch/iPhone have it. It's the failsafe for losing your password. I'm sure Google isn't that stupid and didn't put a failsafe on the phone besides the Gmail authorization.

Wachalookn8

Reaction score
Seems like several different things work for different people, not all work for everyone!
1. Try "Null" (without the quotes) as your password instead of your actual password.
2. Try Username without the @gmail.com or with googlemail.com instead.
3. If you are rooted you can change the lockout pattern using ADB.
Android: Too Many Pattern Attempts. Phone is locked.
4. Try variations on the solution found on this thread using the back button rapidly and continuously to get to the home screen while on a call, without ending the call.
5. Reset (wipe) your phone (last resort)
6. Keep your fingers and toes crossed while hopping on one foot.:)