Please Help I Have been Ripped Off I believe

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well I know it's not nearly as much fun, but unless the OP is enjoying it, why not just contact Verizon and have them do a factory reset? All the data would be lost but, as you point out, who cares?

The question is HOW can he do the factory reset? I don't believe he actually gets to a home screen so factory reset isn't a menu selection he can get to.

I had suggested in the earlier post (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ve-been-ripped-off-i-believe.html#post2046070) that he do this through the Recovery menu, but apparently he's only getting to AP Fastboot. SO, since he's gotten TO that point, a Fastboot SEEMS the likely solution. Again, I'm only speculating here, and if I had the device in my own hands I might take a different path.

We haven't heard back from him since 9:30PM EST yesterday, so we don't know how things have progressed if at all.

OP
S

stevefinger

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but if they aren't replying, that's not a great sign. How long ago did you contact them and what was their sales history?

They have great feedback, they said it would need to be taken to verizon Im just trying to avoid that.

OP
S

stevefinger

Reaction score
OK, so you are in AP Fastboot mode. Great. Only concern now is that if you leave the phone on, the battery will run down. I suggest you power off for now. You will be able to get back to where you are now again later. Once powered down, plug the charger cord in and leave it in until we're ready to flash the Fastboot file.

Now go to HERE (Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire) and download the file. Be forewarned, it's HUGE and may take 1/2 hour or longer.

Once you've completed download of that file, unzip it into a folder on your desktop. Next, go to the proper link below (Windows 32 bit or 64 bit), and download and install the correct driver for your OS.

Motorola Drivers (If its not working install this.)
32 Bit Link: http://www.motorola....river_5.4.0.exe
64 Bit Link: http://goo-inside.me...5.4.0_64bit.msi

Once you've completed installing the correct driver, go into the folder for the file you unzipped above and double-click on the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file.

A window will open up and it will have a Yellow Batman logo. Press any key to continue.

Now you'll have a light blue numbered list of options. NOW, put the phone back into Fastboot mode like you did earlier, and then plug the USB cable into the computer and then into the phone.

Last, press "1", and hit enter. Let it do its thing.

Once done, you should have a fully restored RAZR, which should also be unlocked.

The links are broken :(

OP
S

stevefinger

Reaction score
The question is HOW can he do the factory reset? I don't believe he actually gets to a home screen so factory reset isn't a menu selection he can get to.

I had suggested in the earlier post (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ve-been-ripped-off-i-believe.html#post2046070) that he do this through the Recovery menu, but apparently he's only getting to AP Fastboot. SO, since he's gotten TO that point, a Fastboot SEEMS the likely solution. Again, I'm only speculating here, and if I had the device in my own hands I might take a different path.

We haven't heard back from him since 9:30PM EST yesterday, so we don't know how things have progressed if at all.

Still having problems the links you provided did not work, I can still get to the Flash Menu, But the Links provided by FoxKat did not work

SallyC

Reaction score
I found something that might work. It's called Screen Lock Bypass and according to this article:

The Screen Lock Bypass Android app is an application which allows users to unlock the lock patterns or PIN wherein the devices doesn’t provide option to reset your password using the Google Account.

But the important question is how will you install this application on your phone? It can be done by login into the Android Market on your PC or laptop and installing this app by transferring using the USB cable and this application will work to remove or reset your PIN/pattern which is a temporary lock to your device. This application will bypass the locked screen all the time when you reboot your device and thereby it will allow users to take the backup of the data present.

That is assuming he can connect the phone to his pc okay. If it works like it says ("This application does not remove or reset your pattern/PIN, it only temporarily disables the lock screen so you can access your device and backup your data before resetting it."
)
it might enable him to get to the reset area.

Maybe?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I found something that might work. It's called Screen Lock Bypass and according to this article:

The Screen Lock Bypass Android app is an application which allows users to unlock the lock patterns or PIN wherein the devices doesn’t provide option to reset your password using the Google Account.

But the important question is how will you install this application on your phone? It can be done by login into the Android Market on your PC or laptop and installing this app by transferring using the USB cable and this application will work to remove or reset your PIN/pattern which is a temporary lock to your device. This application will bypass the locked screen all the time when you reboot your device and thereby it will allow users to take the backup of the data present.

That is assuming he can connect the phone to his pc okay. If it works like it says ("This application does not remove or reset your pattern/PIN, it only temporarily disables the lock screen so you can access your device and backup your data before resetting it."
)

Maybe?

Certainly worth a try, and some pretty snap searching on your part! At this point, anything is better than what he has now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
S

stevefinger

Reaction score

)

Maybe?

I think I would need the Pin to get connected via USB? and also I cannot login with my account unless I get past the Pin

SallyC

Reaction score
I think I would need the Pin to get connected via USB? and also I cannot login with my account unless I get past the Pin

I haven't used it so I don't know but I would think if you need the PIN to connect via USB the program would be pretty useless since the whole point is to bypass your PIN. The reviewer didn't mention that as an issue. There's a free and a $2 pro version on Google Play - both got good reviews. You could contact the developer if you have specific questions.

I would also consider filing a complaint with either eBay, PayPal (assuming you payed with them) or both about the phone not be operational and the buyer not responding. You maybe able to get your money back, if you would prefer that.

OP
S

stevefinger

Reaction score
I got it!!! Thank you all so much for the help and support

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
^^^ +1 :blink: