Please help: i can't reboot into recovery

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by adrock511, Dec 18, 2010.

1. adrock511

adrock511 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off i haven't seen this issue anywhere else so if it's already coverd in another thread sorry

Everytime i try to reboot into recovery the M symbol just apears for a long time then the phone boots up, thats using the power key and the x from start up. I've tried it several times and also done a couple of battery pulls before trying. My droid also does the same thing when i try to download a new rom from Rom Manager. It will download and then just reboot into the same rom i am running now. I have the same problem with my droid when i download new apps, not all of them, but some of them when i finish downloading them and they get ready to install the droid reboots and doesn't install the app.

i was going to reboot into recovery so i could load a backup so i could fix the problem easier but now i can't even get into recovery. I would even be willing to reset it to stock but i can't figure that out either. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    ok first thing I would try is to open rom manager and hit the flash clockworkmod recovery, use wifi if possible, if it says flash successful within a couple seconds after flashing it should work, if it says flash successful after about 5 seconds, it did not stick. Try that first and report back

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  3. OneTenderRebel

Ratings:
    +63
    also rom manager has become notorious for breaking recovery. just tried it on my phone and of course it broke my recovery. Just have to keep flashing till it works.

4. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +35
    Welcome to DroidForums! I see OTR has you taken care of (you're in good hands)! I tried ROM Manager and CW for a week or so and switched back to SPRecovery and haven't looked back...CW was WAY too finicky.

DroidForums junkie!!

5. adrock511

adrock511 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, i kept flashing it and it finally worked and i'm back where i wanted to be now. I really appreaciate the help, I'm at work so i wasn't able to try it right off but thanks again for the help.

6. OneTenderRebel

Ratings:
    +63
    awesome, glad it worked for you!!

Search tags for this page

thunderbolt reboots everytime i try recovery