"Please Help.. i cannot use my phone"

smbredin

Reaction score
hey i really need help. I have no clue how to fix the problem im having. the problem is, after the phone turns on and is at the unlock sceen, when i try to unlock the device tons of force close messages pop up. i start force closing and everytime the voice commands and the home launcher are the only ones that will not go away and i cannot do anything at all... and i dont want to loose all of mhy info i have on my D2G

i was installing a few android ROMs and packs and stuff..it said it was gunna do a backup and started doin it then rebooted and i aint been on my fone since...

Is there any information, or help, or suggestions, any input u can give me to fix this problem without loosing any info?? if not, anything at all is appreciated...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Please don't cross post. So you were in clockwork making a backup before the trouble started? Did the backup finish?

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

smbredin

Reaction score
k my bad i just started this forum 2day and yes i was in clockwork. yeah i am pretty certain it did finish.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you can manage to get in to clockwork you can try to restore your backup and then maybe you won't have to sbf. When you used the bootstrap app are you certain you hit bootstrap recovery?

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

smbredin

Reaction score
ok ill try thoose sites, i hope they might be able to help. thanks sudod

OP
S

smbredin

Reaction score
yes i am sure i have a backup on the device bcuz i backup frequently...the force quit pop ups donot stop.... where there are the 2 left, as soon as i quit voice commands it pops right bck up.. i can move 2 spaces tops. it seems voice commands is the bigger problem that wontstop....

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Power the device down and plug it in to a wall charger. As soon as the battery charging screen pops up, pull the battery and remove from the charger. Then replace the battery and boot the phone up. See if that gets you in to clockwork to restore a backup.

tappin and a talkin

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you're still having problems, charge the battery, SBF back to stock, and start over. It really stinks but it's the sure-fire fix for all that ails you unless it's hardware-related.