PLEASE HELP: HTC Incredible won't fully boot up :'(

jordangulfin

Reaction score
I know this topic has been discussed several times, but I can't figure out how to fix my phone. I rooted my phone with UnrEVOked 3, but later decided to hard reset it (or whatever it's called) and now I'm stuck in a boot loop. Before it would just stay at the HTC screen, but now it only stays between Fastboot and Clockwork Mod. Does anyone know how to get my phone back to normal stock?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have a backup in clockwork?

OP
jordangulfin

jordangulfin

Reaction score
No, I don't :( Is there something I can install from zip in clockwork that's downloaded from the internet?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can try out a ROM...I know ShadowRom and UltimateDroid have DI versions...try installing a ROM. If it boots, be sure to MAKE A BACKUP, always necessary to have at least one working one, I do a backup every week to have a current, stable rom to go back to.

OP
jordangulfin

jordangulfin

Reaction score
So, where do I download these things? And do I just put them on my SD card and work from there?

OP
jordangulfin

jordangulfin

Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot to mention (just for more info) I initially rooted my phone with UnrEVOked 3

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are the ShadowROM and UltimateDroid sections under Custom Roms on the forum. Just download to root of sdcard, wipe data/cache, install zip from sd card, select the rom.

OP
jordangulfin

jordangulfin

Reaction score
Ok, so I put ultimatedroid on my sd card, installed, and now "Install from sdcard complete." Now what?

OP
jordangulfin

jordangulfin

Reaction score
Ok, I rebooted, it went through the ultimate droid bootup, and the phone is working. Thank you, BUT is there a way to go back to the original stock Droid Incredible?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stock as in unrooted OTA? I don't follow the Incredible too much I wouldn't know how...try the Incredible sections here/Incredibleforums.com/Xda-developers.com

OP
jordangulfin

jordangulfin

Reaction score
One last thing, if you can help. My computer only recognizes the sd card, not the actual phone anymore.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Got the latest drivers installed? (I dont know where those are either, Im a Droid 1 guy)