please help having issues wit boot animation screen

xrevx

Reaction score
i have no idea what i could have done wrong. my first attemt was just simply extracting the zip on my desktop then i put part one and zero and the text doc. ia a zip folder and put them on the root of my sdcard. i used the emulator app on my phone after i ejected it from my computer. i have the code but its su for the super permissions then its mount and remount then the /block and such then it the whole dd of=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/system/medie/bootanimation.zip. all worked fine and said it tranffered the next step was reboot which i typed in and so it did the boot. now I dont have a animation at all? its just the motorola m then it goes black till the phone loads? sinc that fist time i thought i mat have been something i have done so i have tried the android sdk way and for some reason it says adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file? so for, one i need to get my animation back and figure out the best way to get new ones? two figure out this adb thing...is is possible that i dont have it? i have a dx 2.2.1 and its rooted. i even found a app on a forum about downloading it from your phone and installing it and i gives you a small library of anmation. done it and thus far is says they are loaded and i apply and it says they are applied and to reboot, i do and still nothing but black screen? everything else on my phone is fine its just the boot animation screen

jellybean420

Reaction score
i have no idea what i could have done wrong. my first attemt was just simply extracting the zip on my desktop then i put part one and zero and the text doc. ia a zip folder and put them on the root of my sdcard. i used the emulator app on my phone after i ejected it from my computer. i have the code but its su for the super permissions then its mount and remount then the /block and such then it the whole dd of=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/system/medie/bootanimation.zip. all worked fine and said it tranffered the next step was reboot which i typed in and so it did the boot. now I dont have a animation at all? its just the motorola m then it goes black till the phone loads? sinc that fist time i thought i mat have been something i have done so i have tried the android sdk way and for some reason it says adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file? so for, one i need to get my animation back and figure out the best way to get new ones? two figure out this adb thing...is is possible that i dont have it? i have a dx 2.2.1 and its rooted. i even found a app on a forum about downloading it from your phone and installing it and i gives you a small library of anmation. done it and thus far is says they are loaded and i apply and it says they are applied and to reboot, i do and still nothing but black screen? everything else on my phone is fine its just the boot animation screen

Take the bootanimation you want and don't extract it. Rename to bootanimation.zip and place it in /data/local with root explorer or other app.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App