Please help guys! Boot loop

sjameson6969

Reaction score
My nexus is stuck in bootloop, was watching a video earlier, just started bootlooping!
ive trawled the internet and am still having this problem! Id be quite happy to crossloop with someone who knows how to fix this!!!:blink:

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
My nexus is stuck in bootloop, was watching a video earlier, just started bootlooping!
ive trawled the internet and am still having this problem! Id be quite happy to crossloop with someone who knows how to fix this!!!:blink:

What happened when you pulled the bat and rebooted?

You rooted? If so what you running?

I won't be able to help you, but the more info we have the more there is to help you with.

I'm sure you can always reflash with adb as a last resort.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
S

sjameson6969

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, yeah im rooted running a custom rom.
When i took the battery off it just looped again, i went into recovery mode and restored to factory settings however it still loops!!!

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
I had this happen quite a bit on both stock and rooted. A few questions, what ROM are you on? Have you installed the leaked radio 4.0.3? Did you try to restore a backup?

What I did while on stock was continuous wipes until it booted sometimes it took a couple for it to take. On custom ROMs restoring a backup always seemed to work.

Please answer the questions I posted and let us know of any results.

Last edited:
OP
S

sjameson6969

Reaction score
I had this happen quite a bit on both stock and rooted. A few questions, what ROM are you on? Have you installed the leaked radio 4.0.3? Did you try to restore a backup?

What I did while on stock was continuous wipes until it booted sometimes it took a couple for it to take. On custom ROMs restoring a backup always seemed to work.

Please answer the questions I posted and let us know of any results.
Bear with me Im a ios blow in:biggrin:

the rom im using is called aokp-maguro milestone 1fb

Thats all I know I havent installed anything to do with radio (to be honest i dont even know what that means:happy3:

Last edited by a moderator:

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Bear with me Im a ios blow in:biggrin:

the rom im using is called aokp-maguro milestone 1fb

Thats all I know I havent installed anything to do with radio (to be honest i dont even know what that means:happy3:

I'm not familiar with this rom, it is for the nexus correct? Reason I ask is cause it says milestone and that's the name of an old Droid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
S

sjameson6969

Reaction score
Yeah its defo for nexus, id quite happily lose my root (sounds a bit weir) just to sort this out!

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
Did you try to restore a backup? Are you on 3G, 4G or WiFi and what you of signal do you have? Do you still have the ROM install on your phone? Are you familiar with ADB and how it works?

OP
S

sjameson6969

Reaction score
Im on 3g, i tried to restore to a back up to no avail.
avb? im not familiar with that at all sorry

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
Try the wipe again and do it a couple of times, if it loops pull the battery and try again. If this doesn't work for you as it did for me you're gonna have to familiarize yourself with ADB, and restore the factory images and start over.

Or you may try going back to stock via Odin, I'm not terribly familiar with it more info here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1394051

After I got back to stock I flashed the leaked radio and never had the problem again.

Last edited:
OP
S

sjameson6969

Reaction score
Hi im sorry how can i flash this if my phones not coming up when I plug it in to the computer???