Please Help - Google Voice Search

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pull the battery it worked for me earlier today

Actually think it was related to other problems (for me at least) caused by an update from SetCPU... the update wrecked several things (and kept my phone from booting....). Removed SetCPU and everything is back to normal...

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Didn't update or install anything on my phone and still had some problems yesterday . Now it's working but not as accurate as before . Still one major problem remains , the "call" command doesn't work . "navigate" , "map of" and other commands work just fine but when I say "call" it goes to the browser and does a search for something not even close to what I said . Two days ago the "call" command was working perfect , with the weirdest names . Voice Dialer doesn't work either , does anybody else have this problem ? Or is there any way to uninstall and reinstall Voice Dialer without a hard reset ?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just ran some math calculations at google voice search. Appears to be working fine for me.

AbsoluteDroid

Reaction score
Problem seems to have corrected itself

I did the battery pull and left it out for 30 minutes last night and this did not correct the problem. I woke up this morning, phone and app are working again...

I am now ninety percent sure that the problem was with the google servers. My phone is back up and working like it is supposed to again. This convinces me that it was a server sided issue.

I now wonder what exactly caused the issues.

Although I will not lose any sleep over not knowing long as the thing works as it should.

andyredhorse

Reaction score
after uninstalling shazam, the voice search worked fine. i re-installed shazam and the search is still working correctly...for now.

have a nice day

Mlissakay

Reaction score
I had 91 panda home 2 home replacement app n my voice search completely stopped working, plus I started getting a 'no network' error message anytime I opened my browser, yet it would open n search just fine. Once I uninstalled the Panda it miraculously started all working again. Does any one of you having issues have a home replacement app running or installed?

Boonsmal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
We have Droid (Verizon) issue with voice Google search results not being the same results as when same key words are typed in PC search. Anyone else have that issue?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
We have Droid (Verizon) issue with voice Google search results not being the same results as when same key words are typed in PC search. Anyone else have that issue?
Welcome to the Forum!

What specific model of Droid do you have? There have been many over the years. Do you happen to know what Android version you are on?

I have never really tested my voice activated search results from my phone versus the same words typed into a Google search on my laptop, so I'm not sure about that. Are you using Chrome as the browser on the laptop, and signed into Chrome with the same G Mail / Google account that you use on your phone? That may make a difference.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Boonsmal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
Welcome to the Forum!

What specific model of Droid do you have? There have been many over the years. Do you happen to know what Android version you are on?

I have never really tested my voice activated search results from my phone versus the same words typed into a Google search on my laptop, so I'm not sure about that. Are you using Chrome as the browser on the laptop, and signed into Chrome with the same G Mail / Google account that you use on your phone? That may make a difference.

Thank you for your reply. I am still waiting to hear specific model of Droid used by client whose website I manage. In the meantime, I downloaded Voice Search UX app on my Droid and performed same Chrome searches which resulted in better rankings than client's searches. So, there is obviously a difference in Voice Search apps. I also happened upon fair source of information regarding the optomization of Voice Searches which remains a unique SEO process at this time. How to optimize featured snippets for voice search | Search Engine Watch I have also read there may be differences in searches depending on carrier. I will continue to explore optomizing voice searches. Thank you again for your reply.

Boonsmal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
Now have additional phone specs on Voice Search w/ Google Microphone. The issue of not receiving the same search rankings as I do with Voice Search UX, client with Verizon Galaxy 7 Samsung using Google Microphone to voice search has the same poor results with other family phones including a Motorola Droid and an iPhone. I am thinking it is either the Google Mic app or the carrier Verizon. Any thoughts?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No more thoughts on my end.

Last edited: