please help getting contacts from sd card to phone

straydog

Reaction score
Hi everybody, this is my first post and first droid phone. my question is , my old phone let me save my contacts on the sd card and now the sd card is in the new phone (gzone commando) but i cant find a way to access them or put the list on my contacts. Is there a way to do this or do i have to type them all out again?

REMilk

Reaction score
I recommend that you move them to your contacts on Gmail and do this on a PC as opposed to on the phone.

You will need to connect your phone via USB cable and have all necessary software on your PC so it recognizes you phone and you can access via the PC Windows explorer (or similar software) your SD card on your phone. I will let you gain experience on searching the forums to find what you need.

For me, the easiest way to import contacts is to 'Import" the contacts via . .csv file.

The instructions can be found here:
https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=14024&topic=1284986

If you build a custom .csv file, I recommend that you "export" your contacts from Gmail. This gives you a complete view of all the fields available as well as the names Gmail recognizes. I did this for my wife to move her contacts from her LG ENV3 to Google Contacts for her Droid 3. It took me about a 1/2 hour as I also used it as an opportunity to 'clean' and standardize her contacts. If I had not gone through the "clean and standardize step, the process would have taken just a couple of minutes. The LG ENV3 can export the contacts as a .csv file. I just moved the data from the LG ENV3 to the .csv file produced by the contact 'Export' process of GMail, one entire column at a time.

If you are creating from scratch, there are many programs can be used to create .csv files, such as Google docs, MS Excel, LibreOffice/OpenOffice, MS Works, Lotus, etc. Make sure when you save, you save as a .csv (comma delimited file).

Good Luck,
Bob

Last edited: