Please Help... Funkyness going on here

Harmageddon

Reaction score
OK, so here is what I have going on. I was rooted 0n stock 902. I had Safestrap. I had Stock/rooted 902 on unsafe side and Eclipse on the safe side. I got the prompt to update to 905 and read that someone updated without removing safestrap or root and didnt loose root after the update. I tried that from the unsafe side and the update took without a hitch. To the untrained eye I still have root. Still show the SU app in app drawer, but using terminal emulator the su cmd fails. Also, my SafeStrap app FC everythime I open it. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled but it still does the same thing. I have Safestrap because when I hold vol up and down upon power up and go to the BP Tools it loads me into CWM Recovery. Also there are a few apps that require root that I have and when I reboot my phone I see the message that they were granted root permissions. I am hoping there is a solution that doesn't require a total start over. I am sorry for the newb questions but you gotta start learning somewhere and here is as good a place as any. Thank you to anyone that responds and doesnt flame me...lol

Last edited:

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
run motofail again from unsafe and get root checker from the play store (easiest and fastest way to check your su definitively), you should be golden afterward (avoid this problem again by getting voodoo OTA rootkeeper from playstore to backup your su....but you might want to consider that you're going to want to FXZ back to 902 then retake to OTA to 905 soon anyway to be able to take the ICS update (very very soon, the leaks are very refined with very few bugs, looks like the original timeline of "early Q3" (meaning July) is dead on schedule )

OP
H

Harmageddon

Reaction score
...but you might want to consider that you're going to want to FXZ back to 902 then retake to OTA to 905 soon anyway to be able to take the ICS update (very very soon, the leaks are very refined with very few bugs, looks like the original timeline of "early Q3" (meaning July) is dead on schedule )

Why would I need to FXZ back to 902 then retake the 905. It was the official OTA update, not a leak. Just confused about that part. Thank you for the reply.