Please help :(. Eris sent random txt

kasey.alexandra

Reaction score
I have been having a boat load of issues with my Eris lately. Terrible phone delay when trying to make outgoing calls, browser issues, no more camera, etc. Last night it cut itself off and would not turn on. I did a battery pull and it finally came on. I put it in my pocket and didn't pull it out for about 15 minutes. Apparently in that time frame, it sent one random text "Oh lol. Its ok." to my husband. This is def something I have sent before at some point but why the one random message to one person. He wasn't even the last person I had texted before the shut down. Any answers?

projektorboy

Reaction score
I put it in my pocket and didn't pull it out for about 15 minutes. Apparently in that time frame, it sent one random text "Oh lol. Its ok." to my husband. This is def something I have sent before at some point

If the phone screen was facing your leg when you put it in your pocket, it's just barely enough to cause the touchscreen to activate, assuming the phone was also woken up while in your pocket.

Capacitive touchscreens are funny. You'll notice how the screen will react to your touch even if you're using your fingertips behind your shirt to wipe off the screen.

What essentially happened is that you randomly re-forwarded a text message in the process of the phone jostling around. I've typed random messages on my MotoDroid if I'm not careful about how I put it in my pocket. No big deal.

OP
K

kasey.alexandra

Reaction score
Actually, it's kind of a big deal. I'm trying to find out exactly how it happened so I can tell and/or replicate it for my husband. He thinks I accidentally sent it to him while texting/FBing/emailing someone else. I have no idea how it happened and wasn't even messing with my phone :( It was in my jacket pocket and probably facing my torso.

projektorboy

Reaction score
Actually, it's kind of a big deal. I'm trying to find out exactly how it happened so I can tell and/or replicate it for my husband. He thinks I accidentally sent it to him while texting/FBing/emailing someone else. I have no idea how it happened and wasn't even messing with my phone :( It was in my jacket pocket and probably facing my torso.

Have him wrap his index finger in a shirt, and slide it over the phone screen while it's unlocked. The phone will still react. If he can't trust you at face value for what's probably a very common occurrence with touchscreen phones then there's problems going on that can't be solved on this board.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
On the rare occasion my wife's Eris acted up and needs a battery pull, it is a common occurrence for it to resend text messages when it boots back up. I think the messaging app doesnt see the message as being sent, and automatically re-sends it on the next successful boot. Rooting and running xtrSense has seemed to taken care of all her phone's issues.