PLEASE HELP - Droid RAZR stuck on M logo after flashing Steel Droid by Chevycam94

spacello

Reaction score
I had previously rooted my original Motorola Droid prior to getting a new RAZR in January. I hadn't decided to root until yesterday and now I think I've bricked it.
I am stuck at the M logo after getting past the Clockworkmod Recovery v5.0.2.5 screen.
I have done a factory/data reset, and just about every other option that I have from that recovery screen and can't get past the M.
HELP!! I am at work so I'm limited in what I can download at the moment. I do have RSD Lite installed but not really sure what, if anything, I can do with it because it isn't recognizing my device!!!
Any advice and/or help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
First thing I would do is power down your phone and plug it into a OEM home charger and let it charge to 100%.

Second I would download Matt's Razr Utility in the sticky of the Hacks Section of this forum, install that and hook up your phone and see if it will see it from within that utility and use the option 1 to get back to factory.

OP
S

spacello

Reaction score
It's not recognizing the device at all. :(
The ClockworkMod Recovery seems to be preventing anything from working.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Have you power up into AP fastboot? That's what you need to do for the above restore method.

OP
S

spacello

Reaction score
I just figured that out when it told me I needed to be in AP fastboot. I choose option 1 and hit enter and got all of this:
[*] Before continuing, ensure your Razr is in the
[*] "AP Fastboot" mode and connected via USB.
[*]
[*] Press enter to restore your phone to 6.12.173...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
sending 'mbm' (512 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
rebooting into bootloader... OKAY [ 0.007s]
sending 'mbmloader' (42 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file
or directory))
sending 'mbm' (512 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file
or directory))
rebooting into bootloader... FAILED (command write failed (No such file
or directory))
sending 'cdt.bin' (16 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file
or directory))
erasing 'cache'... FAILED (command write failed (No such file
or directory))
erasing 'userdata'... FAILED (command write failed (No such file
or directory))
erasing 'emstorage'... FAILED (command write failed (No such file
or directory))
sending 'logo.bin' (854 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file
or directory))
sending 'ebr' (16 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file
or directory))
sending 'mbr' (16 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file
or directory))
< waiting for device >
sending 'devtree' (512 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
sending 'system' (262144 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
sending 'boot' (8192 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
sending 'recovery' (9216 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
sending 'cdrom' (216832 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
sending 'preinstall' (262144 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
sending 'emstorage' (8221 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
sending 'webtop' (262144 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
sending 'radio' (21824 KB)... FAILED (remote: Battery Low)
rebooting...
Press any key to continue . . .

Too powerful to fall into the wrong hands.

Please make a selection or hit ENTER to return:
--------------------------------------------------
Now I'm back to the M logo. Do I wait? Or go back to AP Fastboot and try again?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
What OS were you on before? If you were on 181 you need the updated utility. That is trying to get you back to stock 173, if you were not on that then that is why all the errors.

Last edited:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there but steel droid is not compatible with the razr unless you ported it somehow.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
S

spacello

Reaction score
Omgoodness! Did I get so excited about finding Steel Droid by ChevyCam that I missed the fact that it wasn't available for the RAZR? Yikes, I sure do feel like a dummy for doing that!
So can I fix it? Or is it a done deal? I'm having a real hard time getting it to do anything. Could be the battery at this point since I've been working on this all day, in fact I'm almost sure that's it. But I don't think I'll sleep until I know whether I can fix it or not. I really don't want to spend $650 for a new one!!

I've got the latest RAZR Toolkit and I'm just waiting to have enough battery to execute it. I had just rooted last night and was trying to flash what I thought was Steel Droid for the RAZR but, obviously, it wasn't which is what caused all the ruckus. I had also put ClockworkMod Recovery on there using some work around and that's the screen I keep getting stuck on. I think I've figured out how to get to the main recovery screen though and I'm hoping that choosing AP Fastboot from there prior to using the Toolkit will straighten things out. Just have to tick tock, tick tock, wait...

I'll let you know what happens, somehow if this works it will have seemed too easy.

Certainly appreciate the help though - you all are the greatest for helping out complete strangers. Thanks!!!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Omgoodness! Did I get so excited about finding Steel Droid by ChevyCam that I missed the fact that it wasn't available for the RAZR? Yikes, I sure do feel like a dummy for doing that!
So can I fix it? Or is it a done deal? I'm having a real hard time getting it to do anything. Could be the battery at this point since I've been working on this all day, in fact I'm almost sure that's it. But I don't think I'll sleep until I know whether I can fix it or not. I really don't want to spend $650 for a new one!!

I've got the latest RAZR Toolkit and I'm just waiting to have enough battery to execute it. I had just rooted last night and was trying to flash what I thought was Steel Droid for the RAZR but, obviously, it wasn't which is what caused all the ruckus. I had also put ClockworkMod Recovery on there using some work around and that's the screen I keep getting stuck on. I think I've figured out how to get to the main recovery screen though and I'm hoping that choosing AP Fastboot from there prior to using the Toolkit will straighten things out. Just have to tick tock, tick tock, wait...

I'll let you know what happens, somehow if this works it will have seemed too easy.

Certainly appreciate the help though - you all are the greatest for helping out complete strangers. Thanks!!!

It happens but I'm surprised it let you flash a rom that wasn't compatible with your device. I'm not familiar with the razr but I would probably try and find a way to restore your system back to stock like an sbf or fxz.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk