1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Please help! Don't want to lose my videos!

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by motychr, Aug 2, 2012.

1. motychr

motychr New Member

Hi Everyone. Desperate mom here. Had my Droid for two weeks. I'm so not tech-savvy and didn't even realize I should have put a card in the thing. I took a video of my little girl getting her ears pierced and three days later the phone stopped charging. It looks like the place where you plug it in is pushed in. All I can figure is it happened some time when it was being plugged in. Verizon sent a replacement but I want my video. Motorola tells me there's nothing that can be done. So I'm here hoping that they're wrong before I give up and send back the phone.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

Shannon
  2. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator Premium Member

can you turn it on?
  3. motychr

motychr New Member

Afraid not because it won't charge. It's completely dead.
  4. justin82

i am sorry but with not being able to get any power to it i dont know of a way of getting it off of there , without any hardware modification
  5. justin82

the non-removable battery one of moto's better ideas #sarcasm
  6. motychr

motychr New Member

Thanks Justin. That's what I was afraid of. Spent 20 minutes with Motorola tech support trying to explain to them that I could not take the battery out and reinstall it. They said I could. I thought I was going crazy until I looked it up and found it was a nonreplaceable battery. Sigh.

Thank you for your reply. (I agree wholeheartedly with your quote.)

Shannon
  7. ShaggySpy

ShaggySpy New Member

Duracell does make a charging plate-where you just place your phone,ipod and other items on the plate or grate and it charges them all at once without plugging them in. You can give it a try before you send ur phone back. Best buy and radio shack carry them. Keep the receipt in case it wont take a charge at all. Its meant to charge multiple items and not plug them in all apart
    Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID4.