Please help - Contact widget default

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Hoping someone can assist. On "Contact Quicktask" (one of the Motorola Widgets) if you select an email address the phone asks which type of email you want to use to send the message (on my phone it is Gmail or Goodlink). It also offers you the option to "use this setting as default". When you check that box it gives instructions on how to change the default at a later date. I made the mistake of setting the default but now I don't remember how to change that setting. I'm asking if someone can please go into their phone and check that box and reply with the instructions. You won't need to actually go through with it in order to see the instructions I'm referencing.

Thanks for any help here.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid and no experience with the Pro. On my Droid, I tap menu, tap settings, tap accounts & sync, tap the account I want to be primary, tap account settings, tap default account.

StingRay

Reaction score
Hoping someone can assist. On "Contact Quicktask" (one of the Motorola Widgets) if you select an email address the phone asks which type of email you want to use to send the message (on my phone it is Gmail or Goodlink). It also offers you the option to "use this setting as default". When you check that box it gives instructions on how to change the default at a later date. I made the mistake of setting the default but now I don't remember how to change that setting. I'm asking if someone can please go into their phone and check that box and reply with the instructions. You won't need to actually go through with it in order to see the instructions I'm referencing.

Thanks for any help here.

You should be able to clear your default just like you do for any app that you've so assigned...go into Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and choose the app that is currently defaulted to...in your case either Gmail or Goodlink and after clicking on that app you should have an option button to "Clear Defaults"....of course that will clear all defaults you've assigned to that app..

I know that will work if you've defaulted to Gmail...since I'm not familiar with Goodlink I'm not sure whether it will show up in your app list...if not choose "Contacts" when in Manage Applications and then click the "Clear Defaults" button....

hope that works for you...