Please Help! Changing default Icon on market app

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by meekless, Feb 21, 2010.

1. meekless

meekless Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I looked and cant seem to find a specific step by step for first timers trying to change the default icon for market apps. I am familiar with changing the res files in the drawable folder and pushing using terminal, but I tried the same to change the icon for Tunewiki and it didnt work.
    Would someone please advise and post a clear cut , step by step guide on how to change the icon for market apps, and what I mean is the icon how it shows on the phone when you pull up the launcher panel not the home screen, I know Bettercut works for that. (If this can be done at all)
    Thanks in advance whomever answers this call!!

2. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't seem to find the thread now, but I thought I read that you can't change the icon of a paid app unless you can replicate the "signature," which is very difficult to do. Any way you package it, it just won't work. Bettercut works because it doesn't really change anything, just creates a new shortcut. Anyway, probably not the answer you were looking for. Hopefully somebody that knows more than me will be along shortly.

3. meekless

meekless Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you got me too on this one. I was able to change the color of a widget going through a process of pulling a copy of the app off of the phone, changing the res image, putting the app back in the system/app folder and using terminal making it sync. it worked there, and figured i could do the same to change the default icon but it didnt work for some reason

Search tags for this page

how to change android market icon back to original icon

some default icons cant change on htc