Please help: cant get Keyboard auto corrrection to work at all

knighthonor

Reaction score
I tried many of the free keyboards. None have auto correction without that swype. I dont like that form of typing.

I tried to turn Swype off, but its not possible. Also tried downloading keyboards and going into settings to make sure auto correction is on, but it never works.

Please help me fix this. its a nightmare to text or type on phone now.

GVLBob

Reaction score
I tried many of the free keyboards. None have auto correction without that swype. I dont like that form of typing.

I tried to turn Swype off, but its not possible. Also tried downloading keyboards and going into settings to make sure auto correction is on, but it never works.

Please help me fix this. its a nightmare to text or type on phone now.

I think we'll need a bit more detail here. First, what do you mean by "auto correction"? And have you tried SwiftKey>

In SwiftKey, "flow" can be disabled.

But the default Samsung keyboard should do what I believe you want it to do.

Last edited:

Spydaz

Reaction score
Download the "Google keyboard" in the play store. That is googles keyboard from their nexus phones.

Probably the best keyboard on a touchscreen device other then the Z10's.

And yes the auto correct works perfectly.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
Download the "Google keyboard" in the play store. That is googles keyboard from their nexus phones.

Probably the best keyboard on a touchscreen device other then the Z10's.

And yes the auto correct works perfectly.

I did that already. It also doesnt auto correct spelling.

thats the app I mentioned about in the OP about going into settings as well to change the level of auto correction to higher levels. but still doesnt auto correct at all.

GVLBob

Reaction score
I did that already. It also doesnt auto correct spelling.

thats the app I mentioned about in the OP about going into settings as well to change the level of auto correction to higher levels. but still doesnt auto correct at all.

What do you mean by "Auto Correction"? And what do you mean by "change the level of auto correction to higher levels"?

Last edited:
OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
What do you mean by "Auto Correction"? And what do you mean by "change the level of auto correction to higher levels"?

Auto correction is when you mis-spell a word and the keyboard auto corrects it when you hit spacebar.

GVLBob

Reaction score
I use SwiftKey as my keyboard, which supports the feature you're seeking. However, it inserts its default correction, which might not be the right one. If a different one is desired, it would need to be selected. Perhaps switching to SwiftKey is the right thing.

I believe that they currently offer a one-month free trial and have a 1/2 price sale underway.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
I use SwiftKey as my keyboard, which supports the feature you're seeking. However, it inserts its default correction, which might not be the right one. If a different one is desired, it would need to be selected. Perhaps switching to SwiftKey is the right thing.

I believe that they currently offer a one-month free trial and have a 1/2 price sale underway.
I had downloaded the trial for that. its the only keyboard that is doing it.

but my defult keyboard on my Droid X had auto correction. So no idea why a newer phone wouldnt.

GVLBob

Reaction score
I can't explain why Samsung chose not to have that feature in its default keyboard. But the solution is an easy one. And a permanent solution is only $1.99 at the moment.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
I can't explain why Samsung chose not to have that feature in its default keyboard. But the solution is an easy one. And a permanent solution is only $1.99 at the moment.
but why doesnt the other free keyboards have this? I had downloaded other keyboards on my old phone and they all had auto correction. why not this phone and its market keyboard apps?

GVLBob

Reaction score
but why doesnt the other free keyboards have this? I had downloaded other keyboards on my old phone and they all had auto correction. why not this phone and its market keyboard apps?

Obviously, no one on this forum will have an answer for your question. I'd recommend spending the $1.99 for SwiftKey and then enjoying all the features it provides.