Please help ASAP...semi-bricked phone, can't get anything back

DroidXer

Reaction score
Here's the basic run down.

1. I installed the leaked 2.2. Did the bootstrap and all that. Backed up my 2.1 rooted.

2. Realized that in 2.2 for whatever reason I couldn't disable the lock screen like I could in 2.1

3. Rebooted into Recovery and backed up my 2.2 install and restored my 2.1 rooted install because the lock screen disable is key for me

4. Rebooted phone and it gets stuck on the M logo. I'm semi-bricked. Pulled the battery a million times it won't reboot.

5. Downloaded the SBF file for 2.1. Downloaded and installed the 64 bit drivers for the phone. Installed RSD Lite, and copied over the ini file in there and replaced with the ini from "the gift". Rebooted the phone into Bootloader, plug in the phone. It says Transfer Mode: USB in black and white and seems good to go.

6. Open up RSD and select the SBF, but it won't see the phone.

That's where I'm stuck. Really, I just want to get back to my 2.1 rooted install backup like nobodies business. Not even sure why I bothered to upgrade since I was a happy camper.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure this will correct but in step 3 did you wipe the OS before your restored the 2.1 backup?

OP
D

DroidXer

Reaction score
I don't remember and it really doesn't matter at this point because I'm long past that. I tried to do a factory wipe from the recovery screen and it did nothing.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Always wipe before ROM changes -- and that's essentially what you did. You have a backup, so no harm no foul before restoring, right?

Suggestion, have you looked at the using RSD Lite correctly guide in the Droid Labs?

OP
D

DroidXer

Reaction score
Ok I got it to recognize the phone, probably something wrong with one of the settings, I just uninstalled RSD and reinstalled and it's currently working as of now. At like 50%.

I did attempt to reinstall back to my 2.1 backup, and that's where the issue was. For whatever reason after going to 2.2 and heading back to 2.1 it put me at an infinite M logo. :( :( :(

OP
D

DroidXer

Reaction score
Trying to get data connection to the phone again.

OP
D

DroidXer

Reaction score
So, I did another factory reset because that's what I read to do if it won't connect to Google, and now it's stuck at the Red Eye. **** this phone.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here's the basic run down.

1. I installed the leaked 2.2. Did the bootstrap and all that. Backed up my 2.1 rooted.

2. Realized that in 2.2 for whatever reason I couldn't disable the lock screen like I could in 2.1

3. Rebooted into Recovery and backed up my 2.2 install and restored my 2.1 rooted install because the lock screen disable is key for me

4. Rebooted phone and it gets stuck on the M logo. I'm semi-bricked. Pulled the battery a million times it won't reboot.

5. Downloaded the SBF file for 2.1. Downloaded and installed the 64 bit drivers for the phone. Installed RSD Lite, and copied over the ini file in there and replaced with the ini from "the gift". Rebooted the phone into Bootloader, plug in the phone. It says Transfer Mode: USB in black and white and seems good to go.

6. Open up RSD and select the SBF, but it won't see the phone.

That's where I'm stuck. Really, I just want to get back to my 2.1 rooted install backup like nobodies business. Not even sure why I bothered to upgrade since I was a happy camper.

thats where u went wrong. its not like the D1 where you can switch builds without problems. also, its not a full recovery so you cant use that to fix it.

you NEED to get the SBF to work if you want to fix ur phone. did you move the flash.ini file? run as admin?

OP
D

DroidXer

Reaction score
Yeah what a lesson. More importantly I need to realize that you can't get rid of the lock screen on 2.2 or I wouldn't have even wasted my time.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh wait you have a droid 1? thats different. do you have a recovery installed and can you get to that?

link 1 in my sig will help you get back to stock if you cant get to the recovery, but if you can, theres an easier way.