please help am I missing something!!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by icenutz, Dec 9, 2009.

1. icenutz

icenutz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have my droid and I love it, I should probably get commission paid from vzw for getting at least 6-8 people to purchase the phone.. I have tried to search for apps and used the "search function" on the forum and have had no luck..

MY ONLY Complaint... the phone dialer

I want my phone dialer to work like the other windows based phones or my wifes HTC Eris.

Example..
    I want to call my friend "Rob" # 908.420.XXXX
    I would like to press 908 and it will list all the "908's" in my contacts
    or press 76 and it will list anything with "RO" in my contacts

please point me in the right direction...
  2. djstar2k2

djstar2k2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont think u can do it that way my G1 didnt either but u can add a contact to ur favorite list for quick scroll n dial. just tap the contact in ur contact list then tap the star in the right corner. hope that helps
  3. droiddict

droiddict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you tap the search button at the bottom right corner and start typing the contact name, it should show your contact as one of the choices as soon as it has enough to sort out the name. i.e. if I type mar it comes up with Mary and Marcy and drops Marcy as soon as I type the y for Mary. Mary shows as the top item. My husband's name starts with M and since I call him most, it shows him as the first search option when I type M. Looks like it learns over time what you are most likely looking for. If you mostly use the search field for contacts, you can remove browser from searchable items and you will see your contacts at the top of your search more reliably.

The same thing doesn't work with numbers as far as I can see but it seems like names would be the easiest way to search if you have a lot of contacts and want to find someone fast. I only have a few people that I call very often and I have set them as shortcuts on one of my screens. The shortcut shows their contact image as well as the name so it's easy to pick the one I want to dial.
  4. JayMonster

JayMonster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Do a search for Easy Dialer Pro in the marketplace.
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    your contacts must have a label, like mobile work etc etc i dont think it works that way in the voice dial but it does in TXT, also verizon does pay out in gift cards for referrals :) look into at your local VZ make sure its VZ not a indirect dealer. Also there are few apps in market that have different dials that might fix your issue!