Please help a DM newbie understand: Now that 2.1 is official, what now?

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by Project37, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Project37

Project37 New Member

Like many, I'd gotten bored waiting for the official 2.1 update, so I used DM to root my phone a few weeks ago and opened up all kinds of functionality. I pretty much just followed the Droid Life YouTube tutorials, and despite a minor hiccup or two, the process went smoothly and I'm enjoying the benefits. I admit that while I understand the concept of what Droid Mod did for my phone, I don't fully understand the technical intricacies of the process. In other words, I pretty much just followed the instructions. :)

Having scanned through the threads, I understand that the official 2.1 update isn't really giving me anything that I don't already have (e.g., Gallery, Browser, Live Wallpapers, etc.), plus I like the intelligent overclocking of SetCPU.

I'm wondering, since 2.1 as officially released, will there be an "update" to Droid Mod? If so, what would it do and why would I need it? How would I install it without undoing all of my customizations that I've done since rooting the phone?

Thanks!
  2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Droidmod wilol have an update you can read about it on there webpage: NakedTrevMod - Everything Droid doesn't, NakedTrevMod does. Release your inhibitions.

I will admit that I am running UD 9.0 right now and had updated to the rotted ese81 from pete. But when DM release the update I will go back. DM is my favorite mod; they were the first to take avg joe phone users and bring them into the hacking fold with sholesmod.
    In february I was one of the first to have sholesmod and know the bugs and issues they had with it. In a matter of a month, even after some of the internal turmoil, they have released a rom that is stable and just works.
  3. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

ignore the name they are still droidmod that is just their April 1st joke for the day.
  4. Infiniti87

Infiniti87 New Member

so are they serious about working on a Windows CE ROM? or is that part of their joke? I bought an android phone for a reason. I love DroidMod and all the work the guys have put into it but switching to a windows base seems kind of bogus to me.
  5. G8orDroid

G8orDroid New Member

It's a joke.
  6. Infiniti87

Infiniti87 New Member

Oh thank god lol