PLEASE!!!- Forgive my ignorance. But, may I have some help?

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by Psychokitty, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya,

I just installed BD last night, and I immediately broke my Helix!
    I didn't even know what a Helix was, let alone that it would hurt so damned bad after breaking it!
    I was playing with the configuration settings and I saw "Screen Size", so I decided I would just go ahead a mess with that to see what it does.
    Well, no Helix FCs immediately upon opening. Luckily I have Sweeter Home installed, as well, but I'd really like to get Helix-BD back.

I can't uninstall via the market to replace it with the stock version (not that I would be happy with that one anyway) because it won't let me. I went to the repository and loaded the Helix .zip, but there's 2 of them. I don't know which to choose, and I don't really know how to install install it.
    Where do I put it?
    I installed BD using the SP Recovery from DroidMod. I really have no idea wth I'm doing. ;)
    Do I need to put the Helix zip in the SD's root and rename it "update.zip" (renaming the current update.zip to something else), and then install it like I did with thye BD ROM?

Also, stated to be in the BD 9.0 is theme-able stuff, different launchers, etc., as well as the ability to uninstall/re-install a bunch of stock crap that people either love or hate. Where is all that stuff?

BTW, I'm coming from the DroidMod camp. Actually, I wasn't happy with DM 1.0, and went back to Sholes 2.0.1 because my droid ran better and faster with it. But BD is really super smooth! I'm just blown away by how smooth and stable it is. Google Earth doesn't FC on me any more (hardly, anyway).

Thanks to ALL developers; you're just incredible! And thanks to all of you who support them by helping get guys like me and everyone in between up to speed. I learn something new & exciting every time I visit here.

2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Check the first two posts in the UD 9.0 thread. That gives you the instructions on how to remove stock apps as well as containing the options repository which has a bunch of stock apps and extras you can install.

As far as helix goes(and someone can correct me if I'm wrong), since you never uninstalled Helix you should be able to use homeswitcher(from the market) or another such app to switch back to helix.

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you try to change the # screens without removing *all* icons and widgets, it messes helix up - try clearing the data from Helix by going to Settings --> Applications --> manage applications --> menu key --> filter --> all --> Helix --> data Clear button

Then it should stop force closing.

4. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, guys.
    John that did it.

I do have another question;
    The power button does not shut off the screen like it did before installing BD. Is this a known bug, a setting, or an indication that I should re-install?