please explain DLNA to me

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know it has something to do with files and media. But what is it and bow does it work?

I got a high tech phone to learn a out here. Do I need a pc? Im totally lost here.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i feel bad no one else could help you hook - good thing im on the rescue squad to help you in need of rescue :)

How It Works - DLNA

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw this last night, thanks Abe, I've got it now. It would be great if my TiVo supported this, but I don't think that will happen with my current TiVos, I imagine a model further down the line will have DLNA.

But at least I understand what it is. Hate having a feature that I don't know what it does. Miami1683 was also on Gtalk with me about this. I do seem to have some UPNP available but I don't know where it's coming from and when I try to do anything with it it fails.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I saw this last night, thanks Abe, I've got it now. It would be great if my TiVo supported this, but I don't think that will happen with my current TiVos, I imagine a model further down the line will have DLNA.

But at least I understand what it is. Hate having a feature that I don't know what it does. Miami1683 was also on Gtalk with me about this. I do seem to have some UPNP available but I don't know where it's coming from and when I try to do anything with it it fails.

yea i have it on my DX but i dont use it lol so i really couldnt tell you how it works.