Please Connect Your Charger?

Taco

Reaction score
I'm running 0.11.26.1 and have had really no issues as of yet.

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered my problem or knows what caused it as I have been unable to recreate it.

My battery was at 70% using the kernel provided in the ROM. I set my alarm clock and returned to my home screen then pressed the power button to lock my phone. I plugged it into my charger and the charging screen came up. The lock screen was glowing green like normal, said it was charging and that my battery was at 70%. Then the whole UI went grey, a "?" appeared in my battery icon and my phone displayed "Please Connect Your Charger". The light on the side of my phone to indicate charging was lit up and my charger was indeed plugged in. I unlocked my phone and everything on my screen was grey in color. The phone then shut off completely. I turned the phone on like normal and all was well.

Just curious what this could be. I'm loving the ROM so far, you guys are doing a hell of a job getting this up and running for us on the D1! Thanks for all you guys do!

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Just a guess but maybe the charger wasn't connected well and it was one of those "couldn't do it intentionally if you tried" moments. Short-like situation. Just a guess from left field.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Just a guess but maybe the charger wasn't connected well and it was one of those "couldn't do it intentionally if you tried" moments. Short-like situation. Just a guess from left field.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

That's what I was thinking tbh ...

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Or it could be a glitch in the secret chip put in by the Chinese government to render this country useless and vulnerable by creating a scenario whereby all Americans cannot control their interest and intensity for their phones, thus halting overall worker production and eventually economic stability.......

Or, it could be the bad connection thing mentioned earlier....;-)

~ DroidForums.net App ~

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Lol the odd part about the whole thing was that the phone powered off ... and I should mention even after I unplugged it.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Lol the odd part about the whole thing was that the phone powered off ... and I should mention even after I unplugged it.

Wow....maybe just electronics again reminding us that they could take over the world if they wanted. I have a printer that likes to rub it in my face quite often...lol

~ DroidForums.net App ~