Please confirm my plan of action to flash sbf

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbg25

Reaction score
HELP...Need to flash sbf...Please confirm my plan of action

Hey guys. I had a CW Recovery crash in the middle of a backup, and ever since my phone has just not been right.

I managed to reflash SPR and restore a backup. But now my phone is very unstable. random reboots, apk's either acting weird or force closing all together, even some system processes freezing and force closing.

I have tried everything from installing stock froyo to other roms, clean installs of my previous rom and nandroid restores. the problems persist.

So I am going to try sbf...and hope it fixes whatever is wrong. Please let me know if I have my plan straight.

First I have the moto drivers and RSD lite installed. I have downloaded the 2.0.1 non-root sbf, and the spr_recovery sbf, the original install file for my rom of choice.

I currently have a froyo based rom

Return to stock
1. Connect phone to pc
2. Turn off phone and reboot into bootloader by holding up on the dpad
3. Run RSD lite and make sure phone is displayed on device id
4. Select 2.0.1 sbf file and press start
5. After the flash completes the phone will reboot and be back at stock.

Flash SPR
1. Repeat steps 1-4 from above but use the SPR sbf file instead
2. When phone reboots be ready to hold the dpad up to immediately boot back into the bootloader and allow the file finish to "pass"
3. Reboot again but this time into recovery

Install rom (previously renamed update.zip and placed on the sdcard)
1. Make Nandroid backup of virgin 2.0.1 with spr
2. Allow and Apply update.zip from sdcard

Does this sound about right?

Also, is it safe to restore only my data from my latest nandroid? or could that be corrupted and cause more problems in the future?

Thanks!

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
Anyone? Just wanna make sure I have it right before I mess things up further.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
Still no reply. wow....maybe this is the wrong section. Guess I will re-post elsewhere.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;9udWx-KXwGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9udWx-KXwGY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Flashing SPRecovery SBF File to a Motorola Droid[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.