1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Please advice what ROM to choose.

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Global Roms' started by Soladzur, May 26, 2011.

1. Soladzur

Soladzur New Member

Hi all.
    I've been using my D2G for 6 months on the original rom and now i feel that I have to try some custom ROM.

But reading this forum I still can not define which to Chose.
    Angel? Liberty? Fenom? Anything else?

I will appreciate if somebody will describe main difference, benefits and drawbacks.

I think as many of D2G users I'm struggling of short battery life. And if to believe battery usage statistics, the most of battery consumed by "Voice Calls and Cell Standby". In which custom ROM this issue is solved?

please advice.
  2. keolawills

keolawills New Member

i would go with angelrom. im almost finished porting oreoslice theme over. i havent had any bugs with angelrom so far.
    fenom is good, but fenuxx is working on a new project so dev has stopped on that
    liberty is good too if you can live without sensors. personally id rather run a rom that is designed for the d2g, angelrom or fenom. a lot of people have been switching from liberty to angelrom to get the sensors back.
  3. jjhiza

jjhiza New Member

Not sure if Simply Stunning supports the D2 (I had it on my D1), but if it does, I'd highly recommend it! It's based on CM7, but has less bloat, more customization options, and is quicker and more stable IMO. Just a thought, and disregard this if the ROM doesn't support your device yet. :)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums
  4. keolawills

keolawills New Member

d2 and d2g are completely different, simply stunning wont work, although i havent heard of anyone trying. but youll probably brick your phone
  5. jjhiza

jjhiza New Member

Ah, I see... like I said, I have (and still love) my OG Droid, so I was just taking a shot in the dark. Disregard my last post then... :)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums
  6. Soladzur

Soladzur New Member

Thank you. Now it's more or less clear. Let's go with Angel.
Search tags for this page

custom rom sch-i800