Playstore deleted please help

jatinkatyal96

Reaction score
Hi,
i am Jatin and i use a HTC Explorer, i rooted it some time ago and installed something like super user and links2sd.
yesterday i was removing some apps and accidentally i deleted playstore and the market (1st i uninstalled updates then the main app) app both using links2sd, please help what to do i don't know anything about tech terms.
Please help its really difficult without a playstore.

There is nothing like vending.apk in system app and i don't know how to place it or do anything else

OP
J

jatinkatyal96

Reaction score
i tried to reinstall used almost every version but it just get force closed everytime i run it after installing

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
in that case, the only other thing i could suggest is a factory reset or re-flash of stock software, sorry :(
only possible suggestion is dont try and install it from the system folder if thats what your doing.

KaChow

Reaction score
You need to download the app, then install the app to the "/system/app" folder. When you download the file to the sd card or transfer it, the default permissions will be something like rwxr-r-r or something to that nature. Once, you have this app> move into the folder, "/system/app" that I mentioned above, then hold down on the app and change the permission of the app to "rw-r-r" once done exit out. I normally suggest a reboot, but that is not always needed, to be safe Reboot then go back into the /system/app folder finding the Playstore apk make sure the permissions are correct, exit and open the application.

OP
J

jatinkatyal96

Reaction score
in that case, the only other thing i could suggest is a factory reset or re-flash of stock software, sorry :(
only possible suggestion is dont try and install it from the system folder if thats what your doing.
i dont know about flashing, no use of factory resest as there is no playstore file in my system

OP
J

jatinkatyal96

Reaction score
You need to download the app, then install the app to the "/system/app" folder. When you download the file to the sd card or transfer it, the default permissions will be something like rwxr-r-r or something to that nature. Once, you have this app> move into the folder, "/system/app" that I mentioned above, then hold down on the app and change the permission of the app to "rw-r-r" once done exit out. I normally suggest a reboot, but that is not always needed, to be safe Reboot then go back into the /system/app folder finding the Playstore apk make sure the permissions are correct, exit and open the application.
i tried to copy and paste the app but i dont get any option to paste in system/app/

i m using file manager

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
you need an app like "root explorer"
(i know you dont have the play store to get it :( )

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

so, you dont actually have to install it? just put it there and the system installs it automatically, i presume?

KaChow

Reaction score
you need an app like "root explorer"
(i know you dont have the play store to get it :( )

ES File Explorer is free just set up Root permissions in the settings.:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
ES File Explorer is free just set up Root permissions in the settings.:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

either way, she cant get the app, unless you want to give it to her. mine is paid, so im not posting it.

OP
J

jatinkatyal96

Reaction score
1st of all i am a guy
k now i got that root explorer thing and copied vending.apk and marketupdater.apk to system/app what now?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
1st of all i am a guy
k now i got that root explorer thing and copied vending.apk and marketupdater.apk to system/app what now?

follow KaChow's instructions from post #5.
other than that, i dont know.

OP
J

jatinkatyal96

Reaction score
in permissions using root explorer i get such options

read write execute
owner [_] [_] [_]
group [_] [_] [_]
others [_] [_] [_]
--------------special permissions--------------
set UID[_] set GID[_] sticky[_]