Playstation 3 NAT Type

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sunjbr, May 19, 2010.

1. sunjbr

sunjbr New Member

Got the PS3 online by using my Motorola Droid internet connection with the app EasyTether Pro but the NAT Type is 3 (strict)I need to have it changed to a Type 2 (to play online matches and chat) but not sure what Im missing or if it can be done

I am using the Easytether app on my phone.I got drivers for the pc and I have my pc using the ICS(Internet Connection Sharing) and have my PS3 plugged into my NIC on the PC

Im looking for some help on how to get the accomplished..Thanks
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

This is a message from your phone warning you about the possible huge bill/ throttled 3G speed because of tethering a gaming console. I don't know what to do to help you, but you have been warned.
  3. gavron

gavron New Member

Uh, no, it isn't.

He needs to get bidirectional port mapping.

E
  4. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

I was joking about the message part, but warning him of the possible bill he could get.

No fun are we? :(
  5. beneharris

beneharris New Member

im not sure why everybody thinks online gaming uses so much data. it really doesn't. i've played COD and borderlands both, for upwards of an hour each, and not used hardly anything noticeable. skype pulls more data than gaming does
  6. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

This is true. You'll pull way more watching video on your phone or using VOIP.
  7. fmaxpa

fmaxpa New Member

has anyone found a solution for this i am having the same problem
  8. Sofaires

Sofaires New Member

has anyone found any solution for this i am reading a lot of sites to find this i came across with one that said that you can change your nat in the phone network settings but i didnt find anything there, the only game that i can play with a nat type 3 is bad company 2 and the others that im interested in are cod and red dead redemtion both dont work with a nat type 3 and i will be a while without regular internet this will be great if i came across with an answer

ps. i have tried easy tether pro and pdanet pro neither have change a thing
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  9. torr58

torr58 New Member

I'm in same boat your are, any new information?
  10. torr58

torr58 New Member

anyone at all?
  11. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

12. torr58

torr58 New Member

Like I said I have connection to my ps3, its just not Nat2, its Nat 3 rather, which reduces my success in connecting to peers in matches. It does work, but the only thing making it 100% perfect is the Nat type, I can't figure out how to change it, its not my router bc it does same thing without router. Are there ics settings that will fix it? Is it specific to the phone? Help?

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App
  13. allmobile

allmobile New Member

Same Nat problems with pdanet tethering
  14. ukijhu97

ukijhu97 New Member

People listen up I accidentally found the solution to the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To change NAT type from 3 to 2 WITHOUT ROOTING your android phone and using it as a wifi hotspot.
    Activate BOTH tethering-usb AND wifi hotspot on the android. It will show an icon like a blue circle meaning it has MULTIPLE thering and hotspot switched on. then connect WIRELESSLY on the Ps3 and test connection. should say type 2 and ready to play ps3 using your tethered phone!!!!!
  15. ilikemoneygreen

How would you connect to the ps3 wireless without the computer? The ps3 does not read Ad-hoc as an internet connection. Maybe the Xperia Ray doesnt use ad-hoc in wireless hot spot?
  16. ukijhu97

ukijhu97 New Member

ok hold up. i don't understand your question. the ps3 is connected wirelessly to the phones wifi hotspot. here i made a video explaining-->
  17. torr58

torr58 New Member

this doesnt work. either im not understanding what you mean or it is not doing what you say its doing. are you saying you are wirelessly tethering your phone straight to your ps3?? because if you were I dont understand why you have your computer involved. it sounds like you are Internet Connection Sharing through your usb tether app which is what is already being done by some people. when you select your wireless signal "Joel" from your PS3 that isnt telling me its coming from your phone, it looks like its coming from your computer. when i get signal from my phone from my ps3 it names my phone "droid x2" but wont get the IP and connect to ps3.
  18. ilikemoneygreen

Im going to be honest, im confused too, i guess this is an issue for someone else. The Playstation 3 CANNOT connect to the internet through an Ad-Hoc connection. That's a fact. My d1, and i am almost certain most other phones use Ad-Hoc type connection as the wireless hotspot feature. The PS3 can read Ad-Hoc, as that's how it connects to the PSP when your at home. Their is a software limitation or something that prevents internet connection being established from Ad-Hoc though. So what this means in english is you cant just enable the WiFi on your phone and connect to the ps3. That's why you need a computer to do an ICS. Obviously you are aware of the need to use a computer, since that's in your video. So i am to assume that your using your computer to actually connect to your PS3. But then i think, how would that happen, because the laptops and desktop computers in my house to my knowledge also use Ad-Hoc to share internet connection. Wireless Routers like in you house use Wireless Access Points which seem to work great on the PS3. Maybe your cell phone or computer uses a WAP but i haven't seen one, which isn't to say they don't make them i just personally haven't seen one. So i guess what that means is im confused about your setup. o_O sorry to sound confusing.
  19. torr58

torr58 New Member

I'm always leary of people who post a video but dont thoroughly show each step, I bet it's a lie.

But on a legit note, here is what I do, I tether from my x2 to the computer- internet connection share to a router- and then wireless to playstation. it's still a nat 3 but it works.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  20. ukijhu97

ukijhu97 New Member

thats strange, do you still get nat type 3 when you get that blue circle icon with a dot in the middle at the top(meaning multiple usb and hotspot active) on your phone? yes apparently you need BOTH wifi hotspot active and usb tethering and to do that a usb connected to your computer from your phone. I have no idea why it works but for me it does..i thought it would for others too..im just as confused to tell you the truth. it only works when the computer is invovled. try using the standard tethering program for windows instead of the app your using. heres a link and a guide if you use windows 7(I use windowsxp):--http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=182134
    Tethering For Android Windows 7 | Computertechplace

No the signal on the ps3 is directly connected from the phones wifi hotspot "Joel" BUT the computer needs to be there as well. Are you sure your internet settings are correct(ip,router,dns)?(in my experience these need to be right for anything to work)
    As you see in the video it says nat type 2 and i can play online games without trouble at all. Another thing is I use OPEN encryption from the phone, NOT WPA2 PSK because my laptops wireless network card doesnt support it. Mobile networks on my phone are WCDMA(suggested)/GSM and APN is WAP..I'm not a tech person so i don't know but try doing exactly what i do and mabye it'll work for you to, i might have missed some stuff so keep asking if you want. My dad is great at this stuff so ill ask him for guidance to help you guys.
Search tags for this page
can you switch a galaxy s3 from nat type 3 to nat type 2 for
change nat type tethering ps3
easy tether upnp
galaxy s5 nat type change when teather
how to aqcuire nat type 2 pocket wifi

how to change nat type on mobile hotspot

mobile hotspot nat type 3
nat 2 android
nat easytether
nat type 2 android tether
open nat in phone tethering