PlayOn or Aereo for Streaming TV?

Caren4u2

Reaction score
My husband and I have gotten tired of those expensive cable bills and decided to cancel our cable tv service. In fact, we are currently using a digital HD antenna and getting all but one of our local stations. Yeah, call us radicals. The beauty about it is....it's free tv service. I've been investigating lately and have been reading stuff on two apps which have peaked my curiosity. I know that there are quite a few bright, savvy folks on here who just happen to know a thing or two about the Droid world.

I have downloaded quite a few apps which allow watching episodes of their network shows. I have ran into two which don't work with my Asus tablet. ABC TV and Fox. Can this be remedied?

Also, I've stumbles on Aereo (not available in my area yet) as well as PlayOn. Aereo is currently in beta version right now.

Does anyone have any advise or have experience with any of the aforementioned?

I just feel that there's got to be technology out there...which could be helpful. Thanks!

theblackabbot

Reaction score
I've used PlayOn for years now - bought it like 3 years ago. I stream it through my PS3. It works pretty well. I would also investigate Google's ChromeCast. I've heard great things about it as well.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I want to cut the cord also, but waiting on PlayOn/Chromecast solution. Chromecast is awesome, but PlayOn does not work on Chromecast yet. It may work through a laptop using the Chrome browser as you can cast almost any content. PlayOn Site says Chromecast support is coming soon. I traded a few emails with PlayOn, but "soon" is descriptive as I got. Netflix works great. Hulu plus just got added along with Pandora so maybe there is hope