playing videos

tm123

Reaction score
Hi all. Just got my droid eris yesterday, and it won't play any videos. I used the Youtube link that was preinstalled on the phone, and I get an error that says it can't play the file, no matter what video I select. I also tried playing mp4 files that I put on the sd card, downloaded a player from the market, and I get the same error. Anybody have any idea what's going on? This has to be a common problem. Thanks.

dro

Reaction score
Sounds like the software may be malfunctioning, no such issues on my girlfriends eris. The thing is so slow that it is unbearable and I am upgrading her to the Droid out of sheer disgust. However, youtube and mp4 videos play just fine. Have you tried rebooting or doing a factory reset? I would try that and then go to verizon for a replacement.

OP
T

tm123

Reaction score
Thanks. How do you do a reset/reboot?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try a soft reset first. Not sure how it works with Eris but on Droid it's Settings/Privacy/Factory Reset.

dro

Reaction score
Just restart the phone at first to see if that does it. If not, try doing a reset under settings > privacy > factory reset.

OP
T

tm123

Reaction score
I did a hard reset and went right to the youtube icon and I still get the "cannot play video" error. Any ideas?