playing through car radio

bc-agility

Reaction score
I downloaded Pandora Radio and would like to play though my car radio, but when I plug in the AUX, nothing happens. My Ipod works fine though the Aux. Any suggestions?

jasonb

Reaction score
interesting. i plug my Droid into my aftermarket head unit and it works great. i love having internet radio on the go.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hate to ask, but did you adjust the volume? It happens....

If not, does your other unit work with that AUX cable?

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
I play pandora through my deck via the AUX cable with no issues at all. Have you checked to see if headphones work on your droid?

rodolo

Reaction score
You need this adapter. I did not realize it till I got my MOTO rocker wired headphone. The plug is different.

CAPPIPHOAD01_gg.jpg

found on eBay cheap: Item number: 260524909699
3.5mm CAR STEREO AUDIO FOR iPOD iPHONE AUX AUDIO CABLE - eBay (item 260524909699 end time Dec-19-09 18:09:56 PST)

jasonb

Reaction score

souljerr

Reaction score
Agree with JasonB. I don't think you need that. When I plug into the Aux it works fine. Sounds like you've got something else going one.

rodolo

Reaction score
I had to get that adaptor alsofoe my Kenwood auxiliary in line for it to work. Yes Jack is 3.5 but takes a three line cable. I'm just telling what works because my standard headphones will not work till now with that adaptor. So that makes two differant things that needed it.

Do what works for you then

Last edited:

Erich_F

Reaction score
Either three or four conductor connector should work in the Droid. The Four Conductors are found on headsets with mics, the mic being the fourth conductor. The jack in the Droid is setup so that either connector should work.

Here's something to try...trim a little of the plastic off the face of the connector. The contacts may not be going into the Droid jack far enough to make a ground.